-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:59 AM

For those with Gen 4 units there is actually a new software update available on the download page of the BMA website. V3.19P2

http://bluemountainavionics.com/talk...ead.php?t=1963 (view first post)

http://bluemountainavionics.com/download.php#syssoft (download page)

There may also ,before OSH, be new database downloads for all models.

http://bluemountainavionics.com/talk...ead.php?t=1931 (thread discussing database development)

Don't get all excited there is nothing to suggest that repairs or support of any type other than as noted above will ever become available.

Milt Concannon
Old 06-21-2010, 07:14 AM

For those contemplating pulling their units and trading in on a Dynon, you should try selling on e bay 1st.

While bringing no where near purchase value some BMA units sold on e bay are going for considerably more than the $1000 trade in from Dynon especially the newer G4 E1s.

This doesn't preclude buying a Dynon but it may make it cheaper.

Milt Concannon

Last edited by N395V : 06-21-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Corrected it to reflect the $1000 trade in value from Dynon
Old 06-21-2010, 10:25 AM

The trade in at Dynon is $1000, not $500.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
For those with Gen 4 units there is actually a new software update available on the download page of the BMA website. V3.19P2
Well I guess this is a good news/bad news thing.

The good news is someone went to the trouble of making and posting an update.

The bad news is that after several attempts by several people no one has been able to load the update.

I would suggest not attempting the upload until this is resolved.

Milt Concannon
Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 AM

Question BMA-Specific EGT Probe Replacement????

Anyone experience having to replace one of these? What vendor was used to supply the units specifically used for the BMA engine monitoring? In the BMA FAQs, it specifically states that the EI units are not compatible, but they look almost identical.

Problem is that I had an EGT probe act funky on me and then, right after start up, the temp for that cyclinder went to 1800+ deg F.

Thanks...

Frank

"Mustang" LCDR (RET), USN
FD44 - Eagles Nest Aerodrome (FL)

RV-6 "Tru Flames" (Black w/9-color flame paint)- Flying (bought built)

...and yes, I gladly make an annual contribution.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoCharlie1 View Post
Anyone experience having to replace one of these? What vendor was used to supply the units specifically used for the BMA engine monitoring? In the BMA FAQs, it specifically states that the EI units are not compatible, but they look almost identical.

Problem is that I had an EGT probe act funky on me and then, right after start up, the temp for that cyclinder went to 1800+ deg F.

Thanks...

Frank
You might want to contact Greg directly and see if he has any probes left on the shelf he might be willing to sell, or at least he can point you in the right direction. He is still providing some support for the units out there if he is able. He just repaired an EFIS One early last fall for my buddies Cozy MKIV. It required a new screen and the repair cost was very reasonable.
RV-10: #41686 Under Construction/Sold 2021
RV-9A: #90949 Under Construction
RV-10: #40637 Completed/Sold 2016
Cozy MKIV:#656 Completed/Sold 2007
"Donor Exempt" but donated through Dec. 2021
Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9GT View Post
You might want to contact Greg directly and see if he has any probes left on the shelf he might be willing to sell, or at least he can point you in the right direction. He is still providing some support for the units out there if he is able. He just repaired an EFIS One early last fall for my buddies Cozy MKIV. It required a new screen and the repair cost was very reasonable.
Do you have any contact information for him?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoCharlie1 View Post

Thanks...

Frank
There is nothing different or exotic about any of the BMA probes, with the possible exception of the Aerosance resistance probes used for CHT. The EGT sensors are garden-variety thermocouples. Parts is parts.

The later boxes were more constrained in their sensor choices (i.e. fewer calibration curves preloaded) but the gold boxes could use anything that produced a voltage between 0-10 volts (which is pretty much anything if you're willing to build a voltage divider). They were limited to 6 thermocouple channels though.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:08 PM

Default Blue Mountain Terrain/Database

Hello guys!

I have with me a BMA G4 Lite Efis and I need to find a Terrain/Airports database update files issued by BMA.

Te unit database was dated 2008 and I decided to update it to a 2014 that I found. Big mistake, because this newer database, issued by Craig, does not contain any Map, Terrain or Airport data from my region (Brazil). Now the Map page does not open and there is not any airport nearby.

If someone has a database update file from 2010 or older, please send it to me by email: fasilpereira@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Fabricio
Old 05-22-2022, 04:05 PM

Hi guys,

Anyone has the latest firmware for the G3?

Also looking for terrain and maps files for the G4. If someone have a old copy I would appreciate a lot,

Thanks
Filipe