What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CREDIT FOR VANS GEAR

b17fe

Well Known Member
Anyone have an idea as to the price of the gear legs (U-801-L-PC and U-801-R-PC)? Vans "list" doesn't show them.
I'm thinking of purchasing Grove Gear.
I have found the price of the brackets (2~each ... U-803-PC and U-804-PC).
Just trying to get the total savings of items I don't need from Van's.
Thanks in advance!
Steve

Ballpark

I sent Barb at Van's an email last Fri on the same topic; no reply yet. I'm guessing total savings will be around $600 since the credit in Oct 06 was $592.50....that included the steel gear legs, the inboard and outboard attach brackets, and the leg fairing subkit.

On the same topic, Gail at Grove informed me that they will be doing their next run of airfoil gear in a couple of weeks; if you need the airfoil gear in 2008 you might want to get your order in since they only do a couple of orders each year (think the next one will be late 2008).

Mike

Last edited:
I just had my fuse delivered at the end of December.
The credit for the gear was $256.53 per leg and $ 24.24 per side for the brackets. Total was 561.54.

Ditto

I just had my fuse delivered at the end of December.
The credit for the gear was $256.53 per leg and $ 24.24 per side for the brackets. Total was 561.54.

I just got my -8 fuse saturday and it was exactly as described above. Good luck with your project.

I ordered a set of gear from Grove's today and found out they have 3 sets left for this run. Hurry.

Kit deletions

Am I correct in thinking that the gear leg fairing, and for want of a better expression, the intersection fairings at the junction of the fuselage and gear leg, and the wheel and gear leg, form part of the finish kit?

If not could some kind soul post the above part numbers for deletion?

I would be able to do it myself when my plans arrive, but the Emp, Wings and Fuse are travelling as one unit, along with my preview plans.

Many thanks..........
Richard

Finish kit deletions

Can't remember the part numbers but I looked at my finish kit order and it says to please delete <the canopy> and "Gear leg fairing sub-kit (all)". I bought my Grove airfoil intersection fairings from 'Fairings.Etc'

Wait; ok, dug out the packing list and "Gear leg fairing sub-kit (all)" consists of:-

1x GEAR LEG FAIRING FLAT ---SUB-KIT---
2x U-812 - glass leg fiaring flt
2x Hinge piano 063x3' - leg fairing hinge all
1x bag 871 - AN426AD3-4 rivets
1x doc leg fairings flat - instr/plans dwg 50
---END OF KIT---

Back