What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Towing a RV-10 with a 40 EZ tow

bomber_JB

I bought a used 40 EZ Tow and did not like the manufacturers solution to hooking up to a RV-10.

I've modified my 40 EZ tow to connect to the Bogert RV-10 tow bar.

I'd like to share a picture of it but don't know how to post a picture on this web site. How do I share this picture without texting or e-mailing.

Jerry

Use the attachment feature in the "reply to thread" window to add your photo.
Click on it, select a photo from your files, upload "wait" and hit the preview button. It will show up in your post.

Attachments

• image_50388993.JPG
    image_50388993.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 53
I have attached photos if your interested in viewing my solution for towing an RV-10 with an EZ 40 tow.

Attachments

• IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 182
You can order extension arms from Power tow. They bolt on to the existing arms on the Power tow and work perfect with the nose wheel.

Another option is to just weld on a few extensions onto the EZ-40. One of the nice features of the EZ-40 is the ability to roll it over to the plane and clamp it on without needing any other gear.

You have added the ability to pivot the plane similar to a Best Tug which has advantages over having to "lift the tug" when you want to turn which is nice but it looks like your setup may add some setup/takedown time.

Modified EZ-40 Tug for RV-10 - Tim's RV-10 Adventures
https://n7zk.com/build-log/modified-ez-40-tug-for-rv-10/

tug mod

I lengthened the arms on the EZ40 that attach to the plane with some square tubing and nuts/bolts that I bought at Home Depot.

The arrangement with the trailer hitch seems like overkill.

Back