What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer Price increases #noTire

N82VM

Well Known Member
FYI no surprise that inflation and supply chain are causing increases.
Just canceled my order with ACS that I placed Jan 27 for finish kit WITH tires $1907. Received an email this morning that the price has increased and to proceed with my order (which has already been paid and charged to my card) I’d have to ok it and pony up additional funds. New price $2052 which is about 7.5% increase. That’s about in line with the status of the world. Ok fine. The kick in the pants is, at the new prices they also no longer come with tires mounted. So tack on another $350-400 for the tires that you now have to purchase separately on top of all that. Oh, and the nose wheel is not exempt. At $626 which is the new price, it also doesn’t come with the tire anymore. Considering a year ago that $525ish bought a nose wheel with tire, now you’re looking at $800 when you add the cost of the tire to the new price. (50% increase) Just an FYI that there’s no more tires so add that into the equation when you’re considering the total cost.

ACS has updated the price (I assume this morning), but still says WITH tire which is not true.

Attachments

• 97065796-83AB-4756-98F0-7C7CF2B31073.png
    97065796-83AB-4756-98F0-7C7CF2B31073.png
    296.3 KB · Views: 178
?

I can't wrap by brain around this. I do understand the supply chain issues but... if you ordered and paid for something AND they accept that payment for those goods wouldn't they be obligated to deliver at that price. After all, that's what they were selling them for. Done deal!!! Unless perhaps there was some fine print in there someplace that they can do this.

Don't get me wrong. I like ACS but this just doesn't seem right.

Even as a Beringer dealer, despite the fact that I love the product, the prices are getting a bit out of control even for my taste. Last year they raised the prices then started supplying a cheaper tire on the nose wheel which IMO was substandard. On my next order the price went up again then they came with no tires, so that meant I would have to now purchase and install the tires. Since the margins on this stuff are so small it was just not worth it anymore to provide this service for customers, so I just dropped selling them. Unfortunate as I still think they make a great product.

Vans only sells the RV-10 nose wheel. This was all -8 stuff

Not flaming the ask for extra $$$ from ACS. Just highlighting the REAL price increase from Beringer, and the hassle of receiving something only to realize you’re missing parts you need, plus the extra $$$ you’ll need to spend. If you bought a car and it goes up x percent from last year but then they say btw this years price doesn’t come with tires. The actual price increase isn’t apples to apples from last year to this year at first glance. You’ll need to do all the ciphering to figure out what it actually costs.

Last edited:
I'd just paint some Cleveland or Matco rims Red, install the wheel pants over them and call it a day. Trust me, no one will know or care...

-Marc

+1 to Beringer

To follow up, ACS is not in lock step with Beringer. Especially on the nose wheel price. There is about a Benjamin difference between ACS and the manufacture. Spoke with the manufacturer today and had a nice conversation.

All cleared up looks like a normal price increase after getting the quote direct from Beringer. Still does not include the tires but much easier to swallow than whatever ACS has going on.

I’ll give Beringer a compliment for the customer service, and a wag of the finger to ACS for their Tom Foolery.

How this happened with the nose wheel;
There are two part numbers for the nose wheel kits there’s a (A) or (B)
That’s with tire and without. It appears the with tire (A) is just a place holder. There isn’t a kit shipping with a tire unless it’s old stock. No more tires mounted going forward. ACS charged for the (A) and sent me a (B). They only have access to (B) kits for the 6,7,8,9 RVs.

ACS has historically been very good with customer service - would be surprised if they didn't make things right when pointed out to them.

Often, you'll even get replies to this forum....

Phil
RV-10 (built, flying)
Murphy Moose (pending)
Salt Lake City, UT

Vans Tires backordered

Vans does not seem to have 5x tires in stock for some time.
I needed a nose wheel tire for the 10 and ordered from ACS.

Back