What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple action required

Jermechanic

Well Known Member
A friend is rebuilding his Volmer VJ22 and is having trouble locating a serviceable 3 in 1 engine gauge known as an AN5773-1. The is oil pressure, fuel pressure and a 12 volt oil temperature. If any one has one available please let me know and I will put him in contact.

Thanks !!

an5773-1 by Jeremy, on Flickr

I just threw out my latest edition of Trade-A-Plane; however there is an advertisement in there for a shop that will repair or restore this.

It's a standard gauge for a Stearman, and there are a few shops that still repair them. As mentioned, check TAP.

Vic

I have two of them but the temp is a probe and cable, not 12v. One has a long cable and the other a shorter one. Both are reading the same temp as air now. Don?t know how accurate or if it works. Make offer if interested.

Modern version

I had to replace both gages in my C45 - same basic design. I called UMA and they made ?em up using modern electronic parts. I recall the price was about the same for either version.

Thank you

Thanks for the info. Seems there aren't too many of these serviceable old gauges around. I will pass this info on

The ones spruce has are electric. The original AN gauges had no electrical connection.

A friend just pulled one from his RV-6 for a JPI installation. I'll send him your way.

The ones spruce has are electric. The original AN gauges had no electrical connection.

Spruce says this -

Oil temperature range is -50° to 150°C, oil pressure 200 psi, fuel pressure 0-25 psi. The pressure gauges operate by direct connection to the appropriate system and the oil temperature by an electrical resistance bulb probe. New installation requires Cannon plugs & cable clamps for instrument and resistance bulb. This is a certified, overhauled unit.

Which seems to echo what was described in the original post.

This shows an antique spec sheet with an electrical connection. :)

https://aeroantique.com/products/en...y-fighters-1944-an-5773-1?variant=42139215498

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a 3 in one gauge that I just pulled out of the airplane. It had an oil and fuel line going to it for fuel and oil pressure, and oil temp. And it still works.

Let me know if you are interested, and I'll get some pictures next time at the hanger.

Back