What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reno Air Race R? Party

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Guys/Gals: This is the official announcement of the 2015 Reno RV Rendezvous (R³) Party, Saturday, 19 Sep. It will be held as usual at my hangar, MA-7. If someone has the Google map of my hangar location from last year, please post. The party is limited to folks who fly, building, or knows someone who is flying or building a RV. The password for entry is pronounced "R cubed" for the mathematically challenged. Don't tell anyone. Personally I liked R3, but Greg Arehart, Geology PHD, says it's R cubed, I yield to the higher educated. The cooking will begin immediately after the last jet has landed, approximately 5:00p plus or minus. My hangar is inside the "dead line" so not available until the races for the day have ended. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and cheapest beer I can find at Walmart. Dayton Murdock has offered to bring his custom homebuilt mobile professional BBQ to do the honors. It don't get no better than that. If you plan on attending, please reply to this email with who and how many. We don't want to be short on burgers and cheap beer. Dan

Last edited:
Saturday after race

I expect to be there, flying into Carson City with another RV-4 pilot in my back seat. That makes 2 of us for food.

Jake Thiessen
Independence, OR

Sounds like the place to be!

... Lisa and myself are looking forward to it and will be there for sure.
Thank you for the hospitality in advance. Regards, Allan...:D

Laure and I are in.

Thanks for being the host for this event-----------really do appreciate all the effort you guys put in.

P9180006.jpg

P9180009.jpg

P9180013.jpg

Last edited:
Guys/Gals: This is the official announcement of the 2015 Reno RV Rendezvous (R?) Party, Saturday, 19 Sep. It will be held as usual at my hangar, MA-7. If someone has the Google map of my hangar location from last year, please post. Dan

OK, here you go:D

IMG_0054.jpg

3 Canucks

There will be three of is from Canada. We are bringing the RV6 and the RV4 this year. Always a fun BBQ. Thanks for all the effort!

R3 Party

Please count me in for 1, possibly 2, but that's a long shot.

Thank you for the invitation,

Rick Weiss
Race 90 Team
RV-7A on the homestretch to completion - I think!
Chairman, EAA Homebuilt Aircraft Council
Member, EAA Board of Directors

+2.

Looks like they have finally posted an event schedule.

Looks like the content for Saturday and Sunday are similar. I'm thinking just attending Saturday so we can get back on Sunday. Or am I going to regret not seeing Sunday's races?

Yep, you will regret it----------that is when they go all out for the win.

Ahhh...but it depends on who blows up early (if someone blows up early...). last year, Sunday was GREAT! previoous years well - depends.

I plan on flying in to this Fun RV fly in

Steve & I are Flying in to Carson on Fri. So that's 2 for the BBQ. Thanks so much for hosting this event'
AL RV6A 4PM

Reno RV Friday Reno Bar B que

:)Count me in call sign, "101" (RV-8) up from San Diego, and crew chief of Sport Race 8. I may drag Dave Sterling along (pilot of Sport Race 8, (Lancair Super legacy) And thanks for the invite.

rsvp

Sounds like fun. Mattie Marcum, RV6A 237B and Mickey Cole, RV6A 468TC will be attending and possibly Dianna Stanger L139 jet. Thanks for the invite.

RSVP for R^3

Please count three for me. RV-8 builder/pilot plus crew/building assistants.
Hope also to be crewing for someone in Sports Class.

Also free aerodynamics consulting offered over beer.

Steve

.................Also free aerodynamics consulting offered over beer. Steve

Count me in, 1 older guy who needs some aero consulting, and I don't drink very much beer!

I'll be crewing for a P-51, Race 12, in the pits. See you Saturday evening, with lots of aerodynamics stupid questions!! :)

Add 2 more

Jake Thiessen -RV-4 flying in to Carson City with RV-4 N-44TK

Louis Imbert - my passenger owner of flying RV-4 N 441CL

Old and new

Only two weeks...we're excited to see old (figuratively of course) and meet new friends. See everyone soon.

Nearby motels?

Mornin' guys/gals..
The last time I was there, I stayed at a motel north of town, near the airport but I can't remember the name of it. help?

Thanks,

Mornin' guys/gals..
The last time I was there, I stayed at a motel north of town, near the airport but I can't remember the name of it. help?

Thanks,

Airport North of town, possibly the Grand Sierra Resort? Dan

Pierre, Dan is probably right. GSR is where many of the Sport and Jet racers stay as well. Things are pricey right now. There are others in the area too. The Eldorado (downtown) is a race-sponsor hotel, John Ascuaga's Nugget is nearby on 80, and there is a Fairfield Inn off the last exit east on 80. Lots more as well, but all probably running short. Rcvd your VM last night…will call ya!

Cheers,
Bob

R3

I expect to be there with with 5 crew members/guests (all pilots).

Skylor
RV-8, "Sport 80"

I'll be there, with the wife and my two boys. My wife and one of the boys are flying commercial into Reno. For logistics reasons I was thinking of flying the -4 into Reno. If anyone has any advice about KRNO or thinks it's a bad idea let me know.
Thanks

I should have posted this earlier, anyway, if anyone from the RV supplier's lists (especially VAF advertzers) are at the Air Races, ya'll too are most welcome. Over the years we have had glass screen reps, motor builders, after market guys, 1 insurance weenie, and upholstery dudes and dudettes. Good place to show your face, talk shop, drink beer and eat burgers. Dan

Reno Air Race R? Party Nose Count

As of the time and date of this posting, 67 RV folks have signed up + plus numerous local strap hangers are expected. Looks like a fair to meddlin' turn out. Dan

Raffle

Bring some raffle tickets I'll donate some stuff to help you pay for this big party. Thanks for doing it.

Any chance you guys can let the gate guards know about the party. We're planning on showing up around 5pm on Saturday like we did last year, and the guard almost didn't let us in the last time.

Thanks!

Reno Air Race R? Party Gate Guards

It may be even more difficult to get in this year "after hours" because more activities are reportedly being planned by RARA after the daily races end. This is the first year of the after hours shows , as the years progress they expect to have nightly concerts, and so on. Trying to give the folks a little more for their ticket price, I understand. All these nightly activities require a daily pass to attend. Good luck. Dan

Back