What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X AOA calibration

flysrv10

Well Known Member
RV10: Having a heck of a time calibrating Approach Target AOA Calibration, the DOT. I have cleared all settings and started over three times and it sez unable to calibrate or something like that. All other AOA setting calibrate successfully. Nothing in the manual I can find; nothing here. Thanks.

Page 35-37 of the G3X install manual details the cal procedure.

Approach Target AOA Calibration (Optional)
This procedure sets a specific point (1.3 x stall speed is suggested) on the AOA gauge to use as the ideal
target AOA for an approach, glide, short-field landing, etc. If calibrated, the approach target AOA will
display as a green circle on the AOA gauge (Figure 35-13). To be valid, the approach target AOA must be
between the minimum visible (green) and caution alert (yellow chevron) AOA points.

Last edited:
Page 35-37 of the G3X install manual details the cal procedure.

Approach Target AOA Calibration (Optional)
This procedure sets a specific point (1.3 x stall speed is suggested) on the AOA gauge to use as the ideal
target AOA for an approach, glide, short-field landing, etc. If calibrated, the approach target AOA will
display as a green circle on the AOA gauge (Figure 35-13). To be valid, the approach target AOA must be
between the minimum visible (green) and caution alert (yellow chevron) AOA points.

Thanks. The graphics look outdated so I dismissed it. I guess the key sentence is "To be valid, the approach target AOA must be between the minimum visible (green) and caution alert (yellow chevron) AOA points". Must start over again.

Back