What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Barbara’s first flight

Don E

Well Known Member
This was in July, 2019, just days before her flight to Oshkosh with me. Now she is weeks away from her PPL Check Ride, and trips in my RV-14 provided the impetus. So proud of her, and she still gets “the grin” every flight with me. She’s learning out of KGAI, inside the DC SFRA. 4FF8E8BC-C527-45F0-8A7B-FA310E7D6695.jpeg

THANK YOU for being an influence on the Younger Generation! We ALL need to be active in bringing younger people into our amazing activity! I started when I was 15 and was instantly hooked. And that was many decades ago. There are SO many other things to lure the Younger Generation and we need to, as pilots, show them the best of those distractions!! SO COOL she is getting her tickets with your influence!

(Loved the "nickel" quote! That's ME....!)

Barbara is going to be real popular down in Gaithersburg sporting around in her dad’s hot rod! Sorry Don, I know I told you that a few hours ago, but that was before i saw it on the front page!
Great stuff pal!

I wonder if a freight company like Old Dominion could ship an airplane door to door. My former neighbor was moving and they spotted a freight trailer at the curb. He loaded it and they picked the trailer up and the next thing he saw it was in Colorado, fast service and he packed it and locked the trailer so everything arrived in good condition. In another case an aircraft restoration shop moved an entire shop and a couple of airframes to Oregon the same way. I did not hear any complaints in either case.

https://www.odfl.com/Home/

- larosta

Good luck, Barbara!!

I've heard so much about you and your flight training from your dad, and am rooting hard for you to crush your PPL checkride. Can't wait to go flying with you and Don one day!!

Back