What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Major change?

M5fly

Well Known Member
Paging Mel for this one... I'm in the process getting my Op Lims updated so I can put it back into Phase 1 for aerobatic testing but I also have a new prop that should arrive in late May. Would switching from one FP to another FP prop be considered a major change requiring FSDO notification and 5 hours of Phase 1 testing? I'm going to do a new W&B after installation and since it's a composite Sensenich GA it'll likely take a handful of hours to test it and get it where I want it anyway, I'm just curious if I need to follow the major modification procedures for this?

Paging Mel for this one... I'm in the process getting my Op Lims updated so I can put it back into Phase 1 for aerobatic testing but I also have a new prop that should arrive in late May. Would switching from one FP to another FP prop be considered a major change requiring FSDO notification and 5 hours of Phase 1 testing? I'm going to do a new W&B after installation and since it's a composite Sensenich GA it'll likely take a handful of hours to test it and get it where I want it anyway, I'm just curious if I need to follow the major modification procedures for this?

F/P to F/P can be considered a major change if it is from a different mfg., different diameter/pitch, different material, substantial weight difference.

Basically if it significantly changes the W&B and/or the performance envelope of the aircraft.

Back