What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

T.E. Squeezer set

mc607

Well Known Member
Has anyone used the Cleaveland T.E. Squeezer set? Part#SSF679. I’ve used the one they make for the elevator, and liked it, but not this one. Only one unfavourable review on Cleaveland site. Thanks,
Todd

I used it for the rudder t.e. on my RV7. Worked as advertised. It would still be possible to build in a twist, but other than that, I don't see why it would get a bad review.

You can see it in my build log entry 3-5-2020

+1

I just finished using the Cleaveland main squeeze with the tapered sets. Excellent result! I have a thread here in the RV-14 section where I fixtured the rudder while I squeezed the rivets.

I used the flat set first, factory head on top, and squeezed just short of touching the bottom skin with the bottom set. This locked the rivets in place and then I used the tapered set to flush both sides. Great surface result and a very straight TE.

One nice thing about the main squeeze; I can close it one handed (and I'm not some vice grip handshake guy) and get the TE eye level and hold the yoke with the other hand. Excellent control.

Attachments

• 20210312_181655.jpg
    20210312_181655.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 20210312_182212.jpg
    20210312_182212.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 250
Has anyone used the Cleaveland T.E. Squeezer set? Part#SSF679. I’ve used the one they make for the elevator, and liked it, but not this one. Only one unfavourable review on Cleaveland site. Thanks,
Todd

Based on what the bad review is saying, it sounds like they're not presqueezing the rivet like the plans tell you to. Even when doing the back riveting you're supposed to hit the rivet a few times straight on before angling. If you use a regular flush set to preset the rivet and then switch to the fancy ones it works fine.

Back