What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport 310 Panel installation instructions

sritchie

Well Known Member
Hey all,

Does anyone have a link to a build report for the installation of the new aerosport 310 panel? Aerosport has instructions on their site for the standard RV10 panel, but these new carbon pieces are sufficiently different that I'm nervous to go ahead without any guidance.

For example, the side pieces that mount to the tunnel look like they need to be cut back pretty far to fit alongside the lower console and main console... or do they?? Am I just fitting them together wrong? Hard to imagine after all these hours on the RV10 but every new section makes me feel like a newbie again :)

Thanks for your pointers, all!

For example, the side pieces that mount to the tunnel look like they need to be cut back pretty far to fit alongside the lower console and main console... or do they?? Am I just fitting them together wrong? Hard to imagine after all these hours on the RV10 but every new section makes me feel like a newbie again :)

Thanks for your pointers, all!

Here is the very high level steps I took:

1. Fit the support structure (shown in the video)
  2. Fit the carbon fiber instrument panel (shown in the video)
  3. Fit the lower center panel (Matching the kickback angle of the lower part of the panel, and the angle of the front edge of the center console... and trimming the bottom of the center panel as needed)
  4. Fit the center console, confirming the angle of the of the lower center panel
  5. Fit the side panels, using the front flanges (mating to the lower center panel) as the reference point. I needed to notch the upper corners of the side panels where they interfered with the instrument panel, and made some small notches where I had some interference with my non-plans built rudder pedals. I also trimmed the aft side flanges of the lower center panel to better match the angle of the side panels... and finally did some trimming on the bottom edges so that they perfectly overlapped the tunnel top cover's side flanges.

Take this all with a grain of salt, as I was one of the beta testers for this panel... and I think some tweaks to the design have been made since.

The moral of the story is picking a main reference point (the instrument panel itself) and then making everything fit in reference to it.

Last edited:
Back