What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Performance Propellers USA

PropMan

Well Known Member
Hello All,
Just wanted to share a few pictures of what I do.
This one is a new design with the influence of Jack Norris and is in testing.

Custom spinner work

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So are these for wall decoration or for flying?

I hope DR and moderators leave this thread. DR has a policy of nuking commercial posts if you don't advertise on VAF. I understand why, but it's annoying to remember a previous thread and not find a trace of it later.

DR, how about paid Classifieds for the little guys selling a few items from their garage workshop? I have seen several of these types of threads, most get removed pretty quick, which is a disservice not only to the seller, but to us the RV community who can make use of the produce. C'mon, you're a small business yourself, give the other small business guys a chance...let them use some kind of paid Classifieds to post these things.

Buggsy2-Yes I'm an advertiser here! Just in the Old News section.

There are many RVs(Well Over 300) flying with Performance Propellers. Some very old to new. Some VERY fast.

Last edited:
Define "influence"

Hello All,
Just wanted to share a few pictures of what I do.
This one is a new design with the influence of Jack Norris and is in testing.

Custom spinner work

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does it mean you used his computer program? His book is not mathematically specific. What did you do about "slowdown"? Jack designs his props for specific speed, altitude, RPM and horsepower. What are the design goals for this one? Will there be different ones for different RV's?

Does it mean you used his computer program? His book is not mathematically specific. What did you do about "slowdown"? Jack designs his props for specific speed, altitude, RPM and horsepower. What are the design goals for this one? Will there be different ones for different RV's?

Jack sent me data sheets on two propellers for RV6 w/O320-one for best cruise and one for Vmax at sea level. This one is for Vmax. I am interested to see how this design compares to existing Performance Propellers and hope to improve propeller effiency. Time will tell. I'm always striving to improve.

Performance Propellers

I have one of Franks props on my 320 powered RV6 and have no trouble showing 360 powered guys my rear strobe light. :cool: I can not waite to get my hands on his new prop shown here. Hey Frank hurry up with your testing down there and send it up my way. Good guy to work with also.:) His props would look great on any wall in my house but what a waste. :D

Back