What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Group Buy - Hooker Harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiney

Well Known Member
I'm starting to look at the items I need for my fuse, I will be buying a Hooker Harness so I'm wondering if anyone is interested in a group buy?

Cheers

Martin

Possibly

I *might* be in the next month or so. After OSH.

Captain_John organized one not to long ago that I passed on because I didn't have my interior colors picked out yet. Pathetic, I know. ;)

I have a fealing as long as Van sells airplanes, and this website is up and running... group buys will be repeating themselves. Count me in on it Martin.

Martin, send an email to Mark Frederick at Team Rocket and tell him that I sent you.

If you count the names and units sold, I am sure he would repeat the deal.

I am going to be working another deal after OSH, otherwise I would do it. Details on that to follow!

:) CJ

Captain_John said:
I am going to be working another deal after OSH, otherwise I would do it. Details on that to follow!

I got my Hookers in the last group buy, THANKS!, love them. Now I would join in on a group purchase on any or all of the following items:

Classic Aero Sportsman leather seats
Garmin SL-30 Nav/Comm
Garmin GTX-327 Transponder
GRT EFIS Sport
Trio EZ Pilot Autopilot
House of Kolor Candy Apple Red paint :)

Steve Eberhart
RV-7A, on the gear, Lycoming O-360-A1A mounted and working on the cowl

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, Avionics deals...

I will work on that!

I am working on this group buy thing in a big way guys.

I think we can leverage our heft and make big things happen for both us and our vendors.

I will keep you all posted!

Thanks Capt John, I've sent an email to Mark and will report back on available discounts and quantities as soon as I here back

Martin

I've now had a reply from Mark at Team Rocket and he's spoken with Hooker, no problem with a group buy. Mark has suggested it for September which will give him time to get a couple of important dates out of the way. I suggest that anyone who is interested should register their interest with me through email and once I get confirmation of the price I'll contact you.

Martin :)

Hooker Group Buy

I have opened a group buy for the hooker harness (I should have posted it ot the group buy section but didn't know it was there!) and so far I have had a good response. This post is to those who may have missed this group buy first time round. I can tell you that Team Rocket are happy for us to group buy but as yet I do not have the discount prices. This purchase is set to take place in September so if you think that you will be ready for your harness by then and are interested in a hooker then please send me a pm so that I can put you on the list.

Regards

Martin

hooker harness

For those of you in the group purchase of Hookers, remember to order the colour keyed release pull tabs on the front of the chest belts. I think it's a case of, you don't ask ...you don't get. Hooker never charged me extra anyway. Mine are RED :D

Hooker Harness Purchase Update

This is to update all those who responded to the group buy for the hooker harness. I now have the order forms but I'm still waiting for the price details, I'm hoping this will arrive in my email over the next few days. With your permission I intend to post names of those who have shown an interest here so that I don't miss anyone out, if your name is not on the list and you contacted me please email me straight away. If anyone else is interested in joining the group, now is the time to get in touch as order forms will be going out next week.

Cheers

Martin

OK Fellas, I've got the price now and the order forms. I will post the price here along with the list of names and the order forms will be emailed directly to you with instructions. If you haven't already sent me an email, please send me one as soon as you can.

Martin

Also interested for a 9A

Shiney-

I am interested in getting in on the Hooker group buy. However, building a 9A that will not be doing any sport acrobatics, which harness to buy?

Commercial or Sport?

V or Y Shoulder?

Size of webbing?

Is the group buy for a specific model, or any of the Hookers offered?

Hi Shiney -

I'm keen for two sport sets with rotary buckles for my 7.

Add me to the list - I was just about to order so the timing is great for me.

Thanks - appreciated.

Regards,

JON

GROUP BUY

I'AM INTERSTED IN A SET FOR MY RV 8 TRIED TO EMAIL YOU BUT E MAIL CAME BACK CAN YOU PUT ME ON THE LIST.

MIKE RV8 184MW RESEREVED
VAF 876

Individual releases?

Do the rotary latch Hooker models allow for releasing just the shoulders?

Or is it preferred to just slip off the shoulders to reach around/down for something (hence the V vs Y style)?

Thanks

Hooker Group Buy Update

Hello fellas, Before I send out the order forms for the Hooker Harness? I?ve compiled the following list, if your name isn?t on the list, please email me. If you would like to join the list now, email me immediately, I will be closing the list on Monday.

Rob Holmes, Corey Crawford, Rodeomanny, Simon Hitchen, Yukon, Mike Parker, Jeffrey Clark, Behnam Ahmadian, Mike Warren, Paul Storey, Opa John, Alton,
Jack and Marmy, Joe Schneider, Steve Jones, Eric Ditter, Rich Macrafic, Tim Pethel,
Bob Collins, John Mason, Craig Vincen, Mike Starkey, Kerry Stevens, Eric Bond,
Eric Billing, neilm88, Jon Clements, Gene Davis, Stephen Moore, Paul Storey, Tom Agin, David Nelson, RV8MW, Robert Neilson, Peter McCoy, Joe Boisselle, Brad Oliver and ME!

Mike Warren, Rob Holmes, David Nelson, RV8MW and Joe Boisselle I need your private email address?. Please send me a.s.a.p.

I?m really sorry If I have missed anyone but this gives you a chance to catch up with me.

Prices are as follows;
Less than 50 orders (any combo RV-4/6/7/8/9/F1 units ordered) price:

Sport harnesses mil latch $195/seat ( $390 pair)
rotary latch 308.75/seat ($617.50 pair)

more than 50 orders (any combo) price

sport mil latch $186.60/seat ($373.20 pair)
rotary latch $296.00/seat ($593 pair)

All RV10 sets $520/set 4 seats

RV10 padded shoulder harness +$30/seat
RV10 rear seat crotch strap +$30/seat
RV10 front seat inertia reel (black webbing only; call Team Rocket for pricing)

Martin

order forms sent

Hi Fellas,

I've sent the order form to you by email but I received an error message saying that some had not gone, if you do not receive a word doc from me, please email me by return.

Martin

GROUP BUY

SHINEY I SENT YOU A E MAIL WITH MY E MAIL ADDRESS DON'T KNOW IF YOU RECIEVED IT SO I TRIED TO SEND YOU A PM IT SAID YOUR BOX WAS FULL. HOPE YOU RECIEVED E MAIL
THANKS MIKE WARREN

I'm not sure, you'll have to give Mike Fredericks a call. Mike has emailed me to suggest that the group buy is opened up to other Vans forums. The problem is that I'm not on any other forums so I'm asking those on here who are members of other forums to post a link to this group buy.

Thanks

Martin

I got mine----------

But I am a bit shocked at the prices.

For my 10, from Vans a full set of belts/shoulder harnesses is apx 320.

From the order form, the same from Hooker is 520.

So, thus the question????

Are the Hookers worth the extra $200??? for a non aerobatic airplane???

I can't answer that Mike, all I know is that the Hookers I've seen on the RV7's around here are great quality. I'm not promoting Hooker above any other, I have organised the group buy only becuase from day one my harness of choice has been Hooker, I had one in my Pitts and it was superb, so for me its very much a personal choice based on past experience.

Regards

Martin

Martin, thanks for the response----------seems to me that in a Pitts or something else that spends a lot of time other than straight/level, this might be an issue.

Anyone else have a comment ???

Mike,

There were a couple of group buys for CROW harnesses. I went with them about a year ago and everyone who sees them comments on how much better that the Van's harnesses they are. Not up to the same standards as Hooker but a step up from Van's and slightly less expensive than Van's. Check out the Crow group buy threads.

Good Luck

Order Placed

Martin-

If you are keeping track, my order was placed today.

Sport 5 point harness, rotary buckle, dark gray belt, dark gray pads, black trim with navy blue pull tabs.

Thanks Peter,

Not having run one of these group buys before I'm not sure of the procedure but I figure that when you have sent your order, send me an email so that I can check it against the original list, that way I'm not likely to miss anyone out.

Martin

Mike,

There were a couple of group buys for CROW harnesses. I went with them about a year ago and everyone who sees them comments on how much better that the Van's harnesses they are. Not up to the same standards as Hooker but a step up from Van's and slightly less expensive than Van's. Check out the Crow group buy threads.

Good Luck

Bill, thanks for the info.

Confusion reigns

Does anyone have a picture or somesuch showing which is the trim on these harnesses and how it relates to the padding/webbing? :confused:

message from hooker

Fellas, I've had a message from Hooker on the harness orders. They want you to know that there are three components to the harness'; 1) Webbing
2). Pads 3). Pad Trim

I figure by virtue of the fact that I've had the email they must be getting some confussion on the orders.

They need your colour choices for each one, they will not choose colours for you. Please check your order forms and if ou think your order is not clear enough then please re-confirm to Mark Fredericks at [email protected] your colour choices.

Martin:):)

Maybe this will help... please someone speak up if I got this wrong.

This is one of Captain_John's pictures, hopefully he won't mind me using it.
hooker.jpg

?

My turn for a question...

I assume that based on the type of aircraft you specify on the order form, they will know how to configure the harnesses? Such as the "Y" for the shoulder harnesses needed for a -7.

One more, I am still tyring to make some decisions on interior colors, maybe I missed this but is there a deadline to submit the order?

Thanks!

Pricing

Can someone tell me what the price would be for the exact set shown above (two posts back) ? And if I have a different attachment for the shoulder straps would that be a problem?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Order Qty?

Prices are as follows;
Less than 50 orders (any combo RV-4/6/7/8/9/F1 units ordered) price:

Sport harnesses mil latch $195/seat ( $390 pair)
rotary latch 308.75/seat ($617.50 pair)

more than 50 orders (any combo) price

sport mil latch $186.60/seat ($373.20 pair)
rotary latch $296.00/seat ($593 pair)

Any idea how many were ordered? Just wondering what our price point was going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back