What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-712 Bulkhead QB

SeanB

Well Known Member
Anyone have any good tricks for getting the F-712 bulkhead back into the aft fuselage on a Quickbuild? Removed it, per instructions, to install tailwheel components. Have tried a bunch of different angles to get the blasted thing back in, but no luck.

Thanks!

I was dealing with this same issue, but finally got it. My recommendation is to push down as far as possible, and slide in one side. You will have to bend the top tabs a bit to get it past the longeron. It takes a lot more force than you would think to get to fit again, I then tapped it in with a small hammer and used a punch to pull the rivet holes into alignment. The first re-installation is the hardest, but it gets easier.

Anyone have any good tricks for getting the F-712 bulkhead back into the aft fuselage on a Quickbuild? Removed it, per instructions, to install tailwheel components. Have tried a bunch of different angles to get the blasted thing back in, but no luck.

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem with my 8!

Back