What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior lights

BravoAlphaRomeo

Quick question - I am traveling so can’t go into the shop and look, but does the RV14 kit come with any interior lights ? Putting together my avionics/electrical package with Stein and that question came up. If not, can anyone recommend a simple approach to an interior cabin light ? Avionics and panel lights are all accounted for.

thanks

No. I am looking for interior lights as we speak. I had my panel built with a switch for a light but haven't sourced one yet. Does anybody have a suggestion on a red/white light I could possibly mount on the roll bar?

Thanks
Eric

Oplite.com

They make a very nice red-white with attached switch. I’ll send a pic later if this pic doesn’t work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 229
I put the red and white led strips Van’s sells under the glareshield and find they provides more than enough lighting, at least up front. I just use a flashlight in the baggage compartment.

LED Strips under the rollbar and downlighting on under the side sill. I put them in extruded aluminum channel with a plastic diffuser you can buy on amazon.

Perfectly Diffused LED strips

Amazon sells Lamomo LED strip lights that are perfectly diffused. Looks super cool on the panel without any of those unsightly LED hotspots. They have different colors available, 12V, roughly 14W per meter, can cut to length. I plan on putting these all over my plane (panel, footwell, baggage).

Amazon

Back