What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Milestone - Wings: DONE!

N890GF

Its been a long time since I've posted on the forums, been doing a lot of work (not on my plane) and reading the forums a lot, can always find the answers I'm looking for here! But, I have finally reached the point where I can say the wings are done.

Full disclosure, theres still one skin remaining to be riveted, and the wingtips, however that will be done later on when i move the project to the hangar probably.

I'm hoping to work on the project more often, but work has been keeping me busy, I have made some progress though which is keeping me motivated. I have updated information on my website and pictures of course.

It feels good to have come this far, I know I am going to enjoy the fuselage work!

George, congrats! I'm right behind you. Should be done in a few weeks and ready to start the fuse. Definitely a milestone worth a cold one! :D

Awesome George! So... how long did it take you? I'm about to start the wings! A lot more exciting to be starting the fuselage I think though... it's a more interesting piece and not as repetitive ! Congrats

Adam,

I am in Auburn, and am finishing up my wings...if you're ever in the area, let me know and I can show you my project.

Sorry for the thread creep.

STeve

Awesome George! So... how long did it take you? I'm about to start the wings! A lot more exciting to be starting the fuselage I think though... it's a more interesting piece and not as repetitive ! Congrats

I worked on it so infrequently its hard to say how long it took to get to this point, but I'd say probably around 30 hours or so (quickbuild). There are 17 entries in my build log for wings. I only update it when I work. There were some days when I would only get an hour to work on the project if I was lucky. But I'm definitely looking forward to the change and work that comes with the systems installation and other fun parts.

And someday you'll be looking out over the wings at the Earth below, thinking, WOW, this is cool.

Back