What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blue Mountain Avionics User's Group

mhcflyer

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,

I know a few of you are still flying behind Blue Mountain Avionics EFIS systems. I too have one of the orphaned systems in my aircraft. Up until recently, Greg has been keeping the User Discussion group going on his website. We'll it finally went away and now there's no dedicated site for us to discuss issues and/or solutions with other users of the equipment. I decided to create a Yahoo! Group dedicated to the BMA equipment. If you would like to join, it can be found at...

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BMA_Users/info/

Again, this has no connection to Greg or the ex- BMA company, just a site for Users to talk to Users.

==
Michael Crowder
Sonex N293SX

Flying with an EFIS/Lite Plus and it's working really nicely.

Last edited:
Blue Mountain Data Base Updates Available!! ?

I just finished helping my buddy upgrade his panel from a BM EFIS 1 & a Lite, both G3 units, to Dynon Skyview. Since I sell on on the internet, I offered to help my buddy out and sell them for him to help offset his panel upgrade. I am getting the used units ready for sale and was checking around on Google and found "bluemountainavionicsdata(dot)com" that claims to offer the only FAA data base updates available @$269 per year. Supposedly started up to fill the void since Greg shut down. Just wondering if anyone ever heard of this company or if anyone has a PIREP it would be appreciated.

I've had a subscription with them for my gen-2 EFIS 1 for the past 6 months and the data works fine.

I've been using them for two years come December and it's been great. There was a period of about a year when I had no updates and I got over the nervousness since the BMA worked fine for flying and I keep maps and an AFD in the airplane anyway. But having the updates again is a nice feeling and the data (at least around AZ) has been spot on.

I've said it before but my BMA system doesn't know the company folded. It just keeps working, so I'll keep flying behind it until the system fails or Santa gives me enough money to get a panel upgrade. It may help that the panel was built by Aerotronics, but it's been trouble-free since day one.

Back