What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Banner Images

gregfuess

Well Known Member
I would like to make the cheesiest decision someone can make here, a banner for my garage that says Aircraft Factory, with an image of a RV-14. Anyone do this? It would require a high resolution image, and I'm not sure where to find one. Since I have no paint scheme, I would prefer a cutaway of the -14, something like this.

Does Van's regulate the use of their planes?

RV-14_Cutaway_poster.jpg

Appreciate all thoughts.

Back in the days (read 2006) RV10 had a drawing like that. Several of us building two seaters were using it as a shop art and a progress model. Not sure if they still include the drawing in their kit plans.

Then years after that there was a company offering a cutaway art for any model. Pricy but pretty. Not sure if they are still in business. These days with printer tech advances it could be done with every model quick.

Long thread of the cutaway art here
https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=38927&highlight=Cutaway
Unfortunately looks like a lot of the art image links are no longer valid. Post 456 does show a few pictures. Maybe other pictures in the thread as well if you take the time to scroll through all the pages.
The guy TJTechArt that created the art looks like he has not been active on the forum since 2015. His link to his website also no longer appears to be active.

Van’s has become a bit more particular about use of their proprietary info, and rightly so. I know they are about the use of their logo. Best to just contact Van’s directly and not just go with hearsay here on the forum.

Back