What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs Southern California

mmcelrea

Hi.
My family and I will be visiting the southern california area in november and we would love to meet up with a few rv'ers whilst we are over. We will be around LA the first week of nov and then travelling to San Diego for a few days and up to Palm Springs after. I'm part way through an rv7 build in Ireland and I'd like to see how you guys do things, particularly regarding corrosion proofing. I'd also like to find out about the Catto 3 blade prop. Most fixed pitch props over here are the sensenich so any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Miller

I'm in French Valley F70. You'll probably drive by on your way to Palm Springs. I have a Catto as well.

Lots of builders in the San Diego area. I'm deep into the finishing part of my -9A build. I'm inland a bit from San Diego in Ramona. There are a number of RV's at Ramona Airport. I'm still building in my garage and you are welcome to visit.

thanks guys. I will definitely try and call at ramona and french valley if thats ok. It will probably be in about 2 weeks or so.
Looking fwd to it
Cheers

RVs

Are you flying around here or just driving while you are in the states? If you come to Palm Springs, we are just a twenty minute drive north of I-10. We have more than a few RVs at our little field, as well as a few projects in our shared hangar. There is an RV-12 being worked on (mounting up the engine and working on avionics) and we also have another awesome project that is worth seeing...NC58V, one of only three Sikorsky S-39s known to remain. Check out the story on www.thelastflyingboat.com it might interest you. We always like seeing other people who love planes.

Hi Jason.
That would be great to visit your field. Where is it located? I'm staying in Indio for the next week.
Miller

Yucca Valley

I am up in Yucca Valley. Just on the other side of that ridgeline to your north. I work in Indio so I commute every day. Let me know and you can just follow my gas guzzling Jeep up the hill.

Back