What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need help (prop)

butch

Well Known Member
More than 30 days ago, a gentleman was selling a three blade catto prop (RV9A). After initial testing, he stated that it was the best performing of the three that were tested. What I need to know is what was the diameter and the pitch? Also, if anyone is flying with a three blade or two blade of the same brand (catto) can you please share with me the specs and performance you are seeing. this will be a setup for an RV9 160 hp.

Thanks, Butch

Butch
That was Allan (Perftech) here on the forums. The antisplat nosejob guy. I am pretty darn sure that was his post.
Hope this helps.

Hi Butch,

If you have a fairly typical build of a common kit (RV-x), & you're buying from one of the better known prop makers, I would just tell the prop guy your hp make/model, & whether you have special needs like high altitude home field, short strip, etc. Prop pitch numbers vary greatly from brand to brand for the same performance, but each maker tends to know pretty well which of his models works best on each airframe/mission.

FWIW,

Charlie

Back