What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

68” P Tip Prop on RV-8

Zweihunde Bumsen

I'm New Here
Anyone have a Prince Aircraft P Tip prop on their 8? Lonnie at Prince says there are some out there?
How do you like it? What fitting issues did you have? Prop is 11lbs vs a 35lbs Sensenich. Any problems with CG?

Greg Starkel
RV-8 N762DF
KSTJ
816-261-0502
[email protected]

Anyone have a Prince Aircraft P Tip prop on their 8? Lonnie at Prince says there are some out there?
How do you like it? What fitting issues did you have? Prop is 11lbs vs a 35lbs Sensenich. Any problems with CG?

Greg Starkel
RV-8 N762DF
KSTJ
816-261-0502
[email protected]

I don't have one, but I have flown in an 8 with this prop. Guy that owned it said he paid $800 for the prop used, which was the obvious buy. It was also powered by an overhauled O-320 that sounded pretty rough on the ground but great during run-up and in the air... It may well be the cheapest RV-8 in the US for the other materials costs the owner was quoting.

I can verify that 1: the plane did fly. 2: it was faster than anything else on the field. 3: it was a lot of fun.

Had one on my RV6, O-360 with a Landoll balancer. Excellent all around performance for a FP, very smooth.

Yep.

I had a couple on my 8 with an angle valve 200 hp engine. Smooth and worked very good. Lonnie is a great guy to work with.

Have a Prince P tip 68 x76 PK on my 0320 RV9 it s 160 HP . I did after flying for a while add a 15 Lb crush plate to modify the CG a bit forward. It was not out of range but with empty tanks was on the limit. At the same time I added a Prop EXTENSION ( removed the 2 1/4 spacer) of 2 3/8 inches. Not aware of any unusual modification needed. It would and did work well with the 2 1/4 spacer for 400 hrs. Now have about 750 hrs. Have no idea how may hrs on the rv6 before that .

Back