What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Father Daughter Flight - Pics

Peter.Fruehling

Well Known Member
After returning from Oshkosh this year we decided the time was right for our daughter to take her first flight in N200PF. I have to say it was the most rewarding flight of my life...the two of us flying in our homebuilt. I'll never forget this day as long as I live.

Here are a few pictures from the flight:

TeaganFlying01.jpg

Taxiing out and saying hi to Mom.

TeaganFlying02.jpg

Climbing out of KANE.

TeaganFlying03.jpg

Face in the sun and loving it...thank goodness!

TeaganFlying04.jpg

Pointing out the clouds in case I wasn't looking.

TeaganFlying05.jpg

A real RV grin! :D

TeaganFlying06.jpg

She loved the 59.9 degree turns!

TeaganFlying08.jpg

De-rigging after an amazing time together.

TeaganFlying09.jpg

I've never been so happy to see fingerprints on the inside of my canopy. :)

- Peter

What a cutie!

Wow Peter! Your daughter is beautiful. What a great thing to share with her!

It was great to meet you, and be your partner in crime, (just Kidding) sneaking our planes out on Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Thanks Danny! It was truly an honor to meet you after all these years! As I said, you and Beautiful Doll were a big inspiration through my entire build. You made the week and total blast!

Also, thanks for the coaching on our "early" departure. This flight with my daughter wouldn't have happened if we wouldn't have made it out on Sunday morning. ;) Does this look familiar? (Danny and I had to make our own route through the grounds before the show started. We pushed our RV's up to the flight line with some help from Danny's friends and his wife. All perfectly legal but a lot of work!)

5c3e3f40.jpg

Glad you two made it home safe and sound Danny! Thanks again for everything!

- Peter

Great photos with your daughter. Both your aircraft looked terrific in front of the Garmin pavillion.

Great pictures Peter!

What is she sitting on? I still have trouble getting my kids high enough to see over the panel and they are 7 and 9.

Those are great pictures, it reminds me of the stuff my daughter and I use to do. She is 30 and married so we don't hang out to much anymore. But there is the Granddaughter....Those are memories that will stay with you a long time.

Way cool!

I know exactly how you feel taking her flying. Just looking at these really cool pictures warms my heart. Thanks for sharing!

I have a 3 year old daughter who loves to go flying in our Cessna 152. Someday I'd like to take her flying in our RV-10 but who knows when we'll be done w/it. Cannot imagine where the time goes (11mo old and 3yr old :) ).

I found it funny/ironic/odd... that when I first took her flying w/me around 18mo I was more nervous for that flight than any flight I've ever had with passengers (which is quite a lot). I was choaked up over the whole thing too. Never would have thought a 20 something lb little kid could make my heart melt for times like these. It's truly special to enjoy your passion with your children. Hopefully they stay interested in it too. If not there is always the PAX mute button! Here's to hoping the teenage years aren't as bad as they say.

Wow

What a little doll. Remindes me when I took my kids flying for the first time. Thanks for the pictures.

T.

Nice,

Man that's cool, and inspiring. My wife is due in 6 weeks with our first, a girl! I imagine she'll be about that age when the 9 is complete and can't wait to take her flying

Are you sure that wasn't her second flight though?!;). Seem to remember a YouTube video of N200PF with some resemblance:)

Thanks guys!

Jeff she is sitting on every available Classic Aero booster I have. :rolleyes: She was just the right height for the harnesses to buckle as tight as her car seat...it worked out great!

She woke up this morning asking about the airplane. That was pretty heartwarming.

- Peter

Last edited:
Is that a tattoo on her left arm! :eek:

What a cutie!

How did she like the flight?

Thanks Larry! Yeah she loves the Tattoos but they don't stay on very long. She gets a new one every few days and it looks like she's ready for a new one. :cool: She LOVED every part of the flight...hope it stays that way forever.

Something to cherish

Peter,
Without a doubt some of the most beautiful pictures you have ever taken. The look of enjoyment on Tegan's face is something that you will always remember.

a vans calendar photo

Peter,
I suggest you share the photo with Van, I bet they will add this to their calendar for 2013

What a Cutie!

Dang that kid is cute! Thank God she looks like Beth!!! Peter - just ribbin' ya! I miss not seeing your family at the airport - we need to fix that pronto.

The super pics are no accident. For anyone that did not know it before, - Peter is the best photog I have ever met. He taught me everything I know about pics.

He is the kinda guy you would love to hate, but it just ain't working out that way. RV Builder extraordinaire, photo genius, super dad, and a great guy,

Teagan is a lucky little girl!

Dang that kid is cute! Thank God she looks like Beth!!! Peter - just ribbin' ya! I miss not seeing your family at the airport - we need to fix that pronto.

The super pics are no accident. For anyone that did not know it before, - Peter is the best photog I have ever met. He taught me everything I know about pics.

He is the kinda guy you would love to hate, but it just ain't working out that way. RV Builder extraordinaire, photo genius, super dad, and a great guy,

Teagan is a lucky little girl!

All true - the sentence in red is a classic, Pete!

Awe thanks guys...and for all you new builders out there, the previous few posts are examples of why building an RV will change your life. These guys have become some of my best friends in the world and we never would have met if it weren't for these crazy little airplanes.

Flying RV's is SO MUCH more than just the planes...although they aren't bad.

Thanks again to my Minnesota RV brothers! You guys rule!!!

- Peter

Back