What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chicago Area, Looking for some help

Mark C.

Well Known Member
Anyone in the Chicago Area either building or flying an RV-9A..? I would like to talk...

Mark C., 847-421-0034 or leave me a number..

Last edited:
Update, Purchase already Started RV-9A

Any Chicago Area builders of the 9A.? On 12/28 I picked up a kit in process, just short of "quick build" status. Upon inspection the work looks very good. If you are in the area I would like to talk and maybe see the status of your build as I have a couple of questions... Send me a PM Thanks, Mark C.

Far North

Mark,
I'm in the too-far-north suburbs of Chicago, in Kenosha County, but our EAA Chapter 414 is out of Libertyville and I know of two other RV builders in the Chapter. Have you tried the EAA Chapter in Schaumburg. From the newsletters on their web site, it looks like they have several RV builders.
www.eaa153.org/Dec09Newsletter.pdf

Eric, yes... I have spent time at 06C. Was taking Private Pilot lessons their, Until they shut down. Now at DPA. Are you working on an RV project? Thanks,

Mark,

I am just starting my empenage on an RV-7. At this time, I am looking for a good EAA workshop to attend as I have no metal working experience. I will probably use Grove-Air in Indiana this spring.

You are not the same Mark C. I am familiar with from 06C. That is a good thing....

Best of luck to you. Once I start building, I will be posting regularly so hopefully we can talk again and share experiences.

Sincerely,

Eric Popper

Poplar Grove or Rochelle

Mark there are 2 RV9s at RPJ and 18 RVs at C77, I will see if the 9 guys want there names given out. I keep my 6A at RPJ. Larry

Larry, that would be great to see or talk to any of the guys building 9's.. Incredible that there are so many Vans aircraft in the local Chicago Area... Thx.

FYI - I'm ~75 miles west of Chicago out in the boonies building a RV-7A. I took the Grove course in the spring of 2007 and found it very helpful. Going in I knew nothing about sheet metal work and now I can rivet with the best of them.

Jason

Mark,

I am just starting my empenage on an RV-7. At this time, I am looking for a good EAA workshop to attend as I have no metal working experience. I will probably use Grove-Air in Indiana this spring.

You are not the same Mark C. I am familiar with from 06C. That is a good thing....

Best of luck to you. Once I start building, I will be posting regularly so hopefully we can talk again and share experiences.

Sincerely,

Eric Popper

Eeewww...Eric, I know the Mark C. you are talking about, and I completely agree...:rolleyes:

Mark, I'm a bit south of you in Bloomington/Normal, but if you are ever down this way, I'd be happy to show you my 7...there are four or five RV's being built here, and three already flying. Shoot me a PM or email sometime if you're down here.

:cool:

Back