What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Private Message Notification - A Public Service Announcemnt

Dad's RV-10

Well Known Member
Private Message Notification - A Public Service Announcement

It seems many here are unaware when they've received a "Private Message" (PM).

For those who don't know, with a simple change in your settings, you can receive an email letting you know each time there's a new Private Message in your Inbox.

You can also see an indication of PM's in your Inbox at all times on the forum home page.

The red box in the attached image shows there are no Unread Messages in the Private Message Inbox ("Unread 0, Total 55"). If there were 1 new message in the inbox, it would say "Unread 1, Total 56". Clicking where it says "Private Messages" in the red box will take you to your Inbox.

To set up email alerts for new Private Messages, click "User CP" (Green Arrow) and then click "Edit Options" (Blue Arrow).

PM 1.jpg

Once you click "Edit Options," look at the section that says "Messaging and Notification." Under "Private Messaging" click the box next to "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages." (Purple Arrow in image below)

PM 2.jpg

You can also choose to have a "pop-up" advisement on new PM's when you visit the forum:

PM 3.jpg

Last edited:
When I am logged into the forum, there is an indication of private messages, unread and total, at the top of every page under my Welcome flag. Easy to check.

When I am logged into the forum, there is an indication of private messages, unread and total, at the top of every page under my Welcome flag. Easy to check.
Yes, this is described in the first post.

But you have to be on visiting the forum to see the indication of Private Messages at the top of the page. And it's obvious that some users don't notice, or aren't aware of the advisement at the top of the page.

Setting up email alerts lets you know you have a PM in your Inbox when you're not currently viewing the forum. Some users only visit the site occasionally.

...You can also see an indication of PM's in your Inbox at all times on the forum home page.

The red box in the attached image shows there are no Unread Messages in the Private Message Inbox ("Unread 0, Total 55"). If there were 1 new message in the inbox, it would say "Unread 1, Total 56". Clicking where it says "Private Messages" in the red box will take you to your Inbox.

To set up email alerts for new Private Messages, click "User CP" (Green Arrow) and then click "Edit Options" (Blue Arrow).

View attachment 39626

PM

Now could you please do something about people who ignore phone calls, texts and e-mail?
Must be nice to have so much business, there's no need to answer. Sorry. I'll get off my soap box.

Back