What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Heated Pitot?

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I've been looking around and it doesn't seem that the controlled version of the Garmin Heated Pitot is available yet. I thought the previous announcements from Garmin had it being released in July. Anyone know about this?

Backordered

We've had one on order for a few months. I am not sure if they have delivered any, but they certainly aren't readily available right now.

SteinAir

I purchased one from Stein last fall. It is a very nice unit (Garmin GAP 26-20: regulated, heated pitot)!

No Steve. I did not see the heated pitot offered.

Hello Chaz,

One of our dealers should be able to help you get one, but if you have any trouble please call or email via the contact information shown below.

Just for reference, the part number is 010-01074-20 for the heated, regulated version of the GAP 26.

Thanks,
Steve

Does this regulated unit also have an AOA port? Any idea if the AOA port can be used with the others' AOA algorithms (e.g. Dynon & AFS)?

Does this regulated unit also have an AOA port? Any idea if the AOA port can be used with the others' AOA algorithms (e.g. Dynon & AFS)?

Yes it does have the AOA port but there is no official word from either camp on compatibility between systems.

Knowing how these type AOA systems work, my money is on that it will work just fine. I have no first hand experience trying it however.

Back