What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sugarland airport

jgoehl

Does any one know where the self serve pumps are located at KSRG/Sugarland?

Also do they charge a ramp fee for an RV ?

THnaks,
Jeff

KSGR tanks are on the east side about mid field SSE of Anson Air. I've flown in there half a dozen times and my wife took lessons there in our 150. Neither of us recall any fees. I never got fuel there but she tells me that's where the fuel is. Looks right on Google Earth.

Last edited:
The self-serve pump for 100LL at KSGR is behind the T-hangers, south of Anson Air.

I'm not sure about a ramp fee, as I have my plane hangered there so my rent covers any fees. I suspect there isn't a fee unless you stay overnight, but I'm not certain.

Dave M.

Update:
They do charge a $10 ramp fee if you do not take at least 5 gallons of fuel. Either full serve or at the self serve pumps. However the self serve was out of service, but the full serve was a fair price.

Jeff

It's been a few years since I used Sugarland, but at that time there were no tie-downs outside the main terminal transient parking area.

They claimed "triple-chocking" was good enough...:rolleyes:

After that I used West Houston.

Update:
They do charge a $10 ramp fee if you do not take at least 5 gallons of fuel. Either full serve or at the self serve pumps. However the self serve was out of service, but the full serve was a fair price.

Jeff
Maybe that's just to discourage people using their ramp as a free parking lot like they do at KARM. No one ever said anything to my wife or me at SGR.

I believe the self-serve pump is in service. It was only out for a few days, Oct. 16 - 19 for maintenance. It was certainly working on Oct. 26 when I last refueled there.

Dave M.

Back