What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

? for g3xpert on ADS-B

jgoehl

The previous wiring has the Rs232 from the 430W is connected to the A/p and to to the GTX330, with the format set to aviation.

1 When I install the 330e/s will this line be acceptable or do I need to run another rs232 line and set the the format to Ads-b out + and connect to the 330ES instead of the current line

2 Question what is the difference between Aviation and ADS-B out

Thanks in advance

Jeff

The previous wiring has the Rs232 from the 430W is connected to the A/p and to to the GTX330, with the format set to aviation.

1 When I install the 330e/s will this line be acceptable or do I need to run another rs232 line and set the the format to Ads-b out + and connect to the 330ES instead of the current line

2 Question what is the difference between Aviation and ADS-B out

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Since your A/P will presumably still need your Aviation Out data, it sounds like you will need another RS-232 link to make this work.

The new RS-232 connection from the 430W will be set to ADS-B Out+ (on the 430W) and REMOTE for the RS-232 input on the GTX 330ES.

The ADS-B Out+ data is formatted specifically to meet the needs of a Mode S extended squitter transponder providing ADS-B Out.

Thanks,
Steve

Back