What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lockheed Martin Offers New Graphic Briefings

Ron Lee

Well Known Member
Source: AVWebFlash

"Pilots now can access new enhanced pre-flight briefings online from Lockheed Martin Flight Services, and also can utilize a new easy open/close feature for their flight plans, the company announced on Thursday. Staffers at AOPA Summit introduced pilots to the new tools at their busy kiosk in the exhibit hall in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. "Next Generation Briefing uses graphics, automatic summarization, intelligent briefing text translation, and several other tools to provide pilots with their briefing information in the most useful format possible," said Jim Derr, director of Lockheed Martin Flight Services. The new products aim to make it quicker, easier, and more intuitive for pilots to access the flight-planning information they need."

Link: 1800wxbrief.com

I just registered and did a sample flight plan. I am new to the system but my thought as I was scrolling through the screens is that this is WeatherMeister in a different format.

Last edited:
Keep trying to get on but can't connect! Anyone else able to connect or is it just me?

try all small letters...just in case. I get in just fine

The first item is a number ONE.

Very cool tool. We'll see if flightprep wants to sue Lockheed now.

<snark>
I particularly like the way they prevent pasting into the password field, preventing use of password safe and similar tools, thus encouraging the use of simpler passwords and making it possible for keystroke loggers to intercept, apart from being simply annoying.
</snark>

Back