What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LED strobes

altsel

I'm New Here
we operate a RV6a in the UK and are thinking about replacing the whelen strobe system with LED's

can anybody suggest a suitable product??

I have the Flyleds position & strobes system (the original) in my 14A. Very pleased with the product and service. I also have their landing/taxi light system. I made my position lights on my previous RV10 but the high power “strobe” LEDs were not readily available at that time. In my opinion, their kit is a great addition at a very reasonable cost. Check them out snd see if that would work for your needs.

I second the motion

Not flying yet but have installed the FlyLEDs and have been very pleased with the product...with the exception that I made the mistake of glancing at the strobes when testing them!

One nice feature is the illumination of half strobes on continuously when taxi lights are on (flood lights)....very nice but not advertised.

Cannot say enough for the support...both from Paul and Blake!

Whelen Orion 650s replaced

my original Whelen strobes. Bright enough to burn your eyeballs!

Ron

If you are comfortable with a soldering iron, FlyLED's.

If you want bolt on convenience, AeroLED

Plus 1 for Flyleds!!! I've had mine several years and very happy with these super bright strobes and position lights. Paul will treat you right!

I have put on a lot of LED strobes/position lights. For an out of the box product I prefer AeroLED product over Whelen mainly due to aesthetics and the great company dedicated to aircraft product only. But if I had Whelen LEDs already installed I would call it good. But any legacy swap-out or new install it's AeroLEDs for me. No matter the brand be sure and connect the sync wires together in all 3 (or two) positions for a very professional presentation in the night sky. For the do-it-yourself type (and if your UK regulations allow non-TSO'd lights) people seem real happy with FlyLEDs. I have only bought their wig-wag module but it was a very positive experience.

I replaced my original Whelen strobes with the Whelen Orion series LED. Same footprint as the originals so there are no new holes to drill. Just remove old Powerpacks(s), splice the wires and you're ready to go.

Installed two years ago and no issues. No noise in the system either.

Chris

Go FlyLEDS

Have a full set of the FlyLED products and could not be happier. Bright, functional and no noise. Real world tested and value for money. And did I say... the person who runs it, Paul, you could not get a person more focused on customer service. Better than best. Go FlyLEDS. You wont be sorry.

Our whelen box just failed and we replaced them with aero-lites non tso units. The tail system will be out in March but we replaced the wing tip units. Work great.

Back