What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X and 100k Topo, is it possible to get it installed on G3X, Plz??

Tub

I'm New Here
I've had a Garmin 496 and 796 portable. We've purchased 100K Topo from Garmin and downloaded it into those units to have very accurate Topo for Alaska and Back Country flying.

Garmin support has assured me that it is not possible to install it on a G3X, it was designed for their portable units.

Has anybody ever heard or know if it might be possible to get the G3X to accept this software or leave SD card in slot with this information that could be accessed like the older portables? Again, Garmin says NO GO on both. I'm hoping someone might have a way to get this data on G3X.

Thank you for your time and insight.

Topo Maps

I've had a Garmin 496 and 796 portable. We've purchased 100K Topo from Garmin and downloaded it into those units to have very accurate Topo for Alaska and Back Country flying.

Garmin support has assured me that it is not possible to install it on a G3X, it was designed for their portable units.

Has anybody ever heard or know if it might be possible to get the G3X to accept this software or leave SD card in slot with this information that could be accessed like the older portables? Again, Garmin says NO GO on both. I'm hoping someone might have a way to get this data on G3X.

Thank you for your time and insight.

Good Morning,

This is possible, its not a request that we get often, but we updated the support team on the process for this unit. Create a folder on your SD card titled "Map", and drop the Topo map file in that folder. You are only able to see the Topo map within a 3 mi zoom range. We apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Justin

Good Morning,

This is possible, its not a request that we get often, but we updated the support team on the process for this unit. Create a folder on your SD card titled "Map", and drop the Topo map file in that folder. You are only able to see the Topo map within a 3 mi zoom range. We apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Justin

If you don't have a device other than G3X how do you download the Topo 100k map?

Sorry to bump in. Are the topo files mbtiles? I'd love the ability to add mbtiles to g3x to fill in the gapes on charts that are unavailable (i.e. Mexico.)

Back