What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Upgraded Panel

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Upgraded Panel GRT 8.4 HRx touch

I pulled the trigger and upgraded my GRT panel in my RV12. I had been holding out for the 8.4 HRx touch.

I contacted Bill from Up North Aviation to cut me a new panel. As usual he did a great job from CAD to final product.

My old panel

new panel_11.jpg

I traded in my Hs on the passenger side and move the HX from the pilot to the passengerside.

It is hard to believe I am taking apart a perfectly good airplane :rolleyes:

new panel_01.jpg

new panel_02.jpg

The new panel cut by by Bill

new panel_04.jpg

New GRT HXr touch for the pilot :D

new panel_09.jpg

new panel_10.jpg

Last edited:
<sigh> Disassembly to flying again in one month. You suck!

Just kidding, good for you. If I only stopped doing other things (like going to Vegas with my wife, while she's getting paid) I would have my panel re-do done. But, you know, priorities. :rolleyes:

Forward top skin can come off

At least you can take the forward top skin off so you can get to the avionics on the 12. We put two Sports in the 12 we are working on.

At least you can take the forward top skin off so you can get to the avionics on the 12. We put two Sports in the 12 we are working on.

It does make it easy to get access.

I still have a little more work to do, I upgraded to the 2020 gps from GRT, but other than that is was a plug and play reinstall with the settings from the backup files.

Great customer service - Up North Aviation

As a two time offender I had to reach out and contact Bill to build me a new panel for my upgrade. His customer service is outstanding and the process was very easy, with a quick phone call. Turnaround times are very reasonable resulting in a great product.

upnorthaviation.png

Back