What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maybe a new idea on Jacking points ?

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
Take a look at the URL and see what you think of the idea for a round tube split block jack point for the main gear. This tool would be handy for removing a wheel / tire or wheel bearing work. It is only a jack point and does require a floor or other style jack. This one is the Homebuilders "model" and it could be CNC router cut and still I believe, affordable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LqN2JNJ2Fy93PNKa9

Some of the issues are that MOST RVs have a different axle bend angle and as result the block would be unique to the Model. I think 6 s and 7 ( not A) have the same angle. the 9 as shown has a 48 deg angle and the 9A is ?? different. Don't know about 4 8 or 10s

that works..

That is cool. Maybe a little bulky to keep in the airplane. How much does it weigh? What is the material? I keep a couple U bolts in the plane that I double up on the gear leg to use as a jack point.

Size is 3 x 2.5x 6 inches. It could be a bit smaller and still work fine. I believe a 3 x2x 5 block would work as well. The material is Delrin a resin acetal plastic from McM C. Machines and drills easily with wood working tools. Yes the brake lines are braded automotive with AN fittings full length from the FW.

really cool design

Take a look at the URL and see what you think of the idea for a round tube split block jack point for the main gear. This tool would be handy for removing a wheel / tire or wheel bearing work. It is only a jack point and does require a floor or other style jack. This one is the Homebuilders "model" and it could be CNC router cut and still I believe, affordable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LqN2JNJ2Fy93PNKa9

Some of the issues are that MOST RVs have a different axle bend angle and as result the block would be unique to the Model. I think 6 s and 7 ( not A) have the same angle. the 9 as shown has a 48 deg angle and the 9A is ?? different. Don't know about 4 8 or 10s

I've got a old short leg -4.
I'm always looking for a better mousetrap-er-a jack.

Daddyman

Back