What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Repair or replace Auto pilot

Cadstat

Well Known Member
Should I repair my 14 year old S-tec 30 for the facorty est of 1000-1600 dollars or buy a new GPS based AP? The servos must be replaced.
Tru-track seems to be an RV favorite. Any recommendations for a nice 2 axis?

What else is in your panel???

Tru Track will play nicely with GRT stuff, but if you already have Dynon, it may be best to add one of their AP's.

If you already have a full steam panel, the Tru Track ADI pilot is going to be a good choice.

Lots of options, but consider how it will work with your panel.

Steam Gauges

It would be a stand alone in a 3 1/4" hole vacated by the old S-tec.
I'm all steam with a potable I-Fly 700 and Ipad Foreflight.

http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/products/ADI_Pilot_II.html

ADI%20PII.png

You get a lot of "freebies" with this unit-------back up horizon, backup skid ball, and GPS track. Like having 3 gauges in one----------and an AP to boot :D

Yep.

I've owned 2 ADI II's and both were flawless and hold altitude better than anything I've seen and totally trouble-free. Both in my old -6A and my present -10.

Best,

We have a Tru Trak 11 which slaves off the Garmin.
It has the alt hold and loves turbulence. It is the best gizmo in the plane

I also have a Trio and it works great. Check out TruTrak and Trio's web sites, they're the two main companies for experimental autopilots. I think Trio may be less expensive at this time. Standard Trio fits your 3 1/8" hole, standard TT fits a smaller hole. Not sure for the ADI/autopilot mentioned above.

Back