What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tempest AeroGuard Air Filters

TempestAeroGrpBC

I'm New Here
Good morning, VAF!

My name is Brian Cox and I’m the Director of Business Development & OEM Sales for Tempest Aero Group. You may be familiar with some of our brands, such as Tempest, Precision Airmotive, and Marvel-Schebler.

I hope this is the appropriate forum in which to post this. I'm new to the VAF forum but have had the opportunity to interact with a number of you over the years at air shows, IA seminars, and various trips around the country.

Earlier this year we introduced a new line of induction air filters for various applications across general aviation. At Airventure this year, I received an enormous number of requests to add applications for Van’s Aircraft. I'd like to explore all the applicability options, but am having a difficult time digging up this information across all Van's models over the years. Any advice on where I can find some of this data?

I look forward to participating in this forum and encourage everyone to let me know how I may be of assistance to each of you and this community. Thanks!

Welcome Brian. The RV-8 and probably other models with the "snorkle" use this air filter:

https://www.knfilters.com/33-2060-replacement-air-filter

I'm personally not a big fan of K&N filters from my motocross days, but perhaps it's ok with the aviation application.

The main air filter problem seems to be the carbureted RVs with the round filter - the K&N seems to shrink. There are a lot of threads discussion this:

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=109144

Looking forward to some new products from you guys!

Brian, Just want to let you know I'm a big fan of Tempest products. They have always worked well for me and my customers.
I will also add that McFarlane stocks Tempest, Marvel-Scheber and Precision Airmotive and generally ships the same day.

more aircraft using Van's snorkle and filters!

just FYI, there are quite a few homebuilders that use Van's FWF components, due to their design and price! I have the Van's airbox on my Glastar, as do quite a few others I've seen!...I use the K&N filter, but if something better cam along, I'd consider it!

Back