What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Georgia Humidity

pilotkms

Well Known Member
Just returned from 7 weeks of world travel. Prior to departing I closed up my 7A slider and hung 2 Damp-Rid bags inside the cockpit & rear fuselage. Opened her up today and found both bags near full. I?ve drawn lines on the bags where the water level is. At least a pint in each one. Heard it rained a lot while I was gone, so humidity had to be near 100%. Just trying to keep the Rust Bugs out.

a>

The question is, did you bags entice more damp into the aircraft than would otherwise have circulated through the airframe??

You'd do better to raise the temperature of the area you are trying to protect. Condensation is what will get the rust going.
I cover the machine tools in my garage and hangar and use Goldenrod's heaters to keep condensation from forming. So far it has been working. Some of the vises and stuff on carts that are not covered/heated have not fared as well. I also have a rod under the bottom drawer of the toolbox.

Back