What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Trip to Oshkosh

MikeyDale

Well Known Member
My first trip to Airventure was great! I cant believe I waited this long to come. I am sitting at the Milwaukee airport about to depart on SWA dreaming of next year and departing in my new RV7.:rolleyes: Even though I only got to see the last part of the show (Frid night thru Sunday), I am blown away! I got to look at about 20 RV's and talked to several of their builders, looked at a lot of paint, saw Vans booth, and saw the most incredible airshows! All the EAA volunteers were so friendly and helpful even after a long hard week and all the builder/pilots there were unbelievably nice! I am so impressed by EAA and 5,000 volunteers with all they put into this show! It was like Disney Land x2 for me and I am going to do my best to have my plane there next year! ....By the way, I figure I will be able to cut my travel time down by several hrs flying the RV instead of commercial plus arrive and depart whenever I choose!

Mike, go early in the week and you will see hundreds of RV's. This was my 7th trip to Oshkosh, but my FIRST time flying in. I stood next to my RV-9A for two days and had the time of my life just talking with anyone that walked by. It was my best Oshkosh yet.

My first Osh as well but I was lucky enough to be able to fly my -7. You definitely want to get there on Sunday.... All I can say is WOW ! It's so great to be a part of this wonderful community. Got to meet a lot of people from VAF and made some new friends. I know people have said this many times but it's worth repeating : There is no other community like the GA community and I truly believe that the RV community is at the top of the GA community. It's an honor to be a part of such great folks.

Nothing like it...

Landing for the first time at KOSH in the RV that you built in your own garage is another one of those bucket list items. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days... can't wait for next year either.

Landing for the first time at KOSH in the RV that you built in your own garage is another one of those bucket list items. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for days...

Yep, sure is.

(Even when you bounce the landing big time after the controller calls orange dot a little late..............)

Back