What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A/P closer but no cigar

Cadstat

Well Known Member
The S-TEC 30 wouldn't take a heading change from the DG 'bug' after it warmed up, 20 minutes or so into the flight. So I got some suggestions from this forum. I sent the DG off to Wichita and it came back, checked out OK, 80 bucks. So I cleaned the wiring connections as directed and reinstalled, still the same problem. I then sent the A/P to Texas to the Cobham factory and it came back and after spending $1,587 dollars guess what, still the A/P won't take a heading change from the DG 'bug'. Can anybody supply a phone number for advice or some help?
Thanks, John

Is it working in other modes besides hdg when it stops working? It could be a bad roll servo. Also, the pins on the plug for the dg may be loose. You should feel some tension when you slide the plug on. With a small jewelers screwdriver you can squeeze the contacts tighter.

Jay

Is it working in other modes besides hdg when it stops working? It could be a bad roll servo. Also, the pins on the plug for the dg may be loose. You should feel some tension when you slide the plug on. With a small jewelers screwdriver you can squeeze the contacts tighter.

Jay

Everythng else works now. Will lock on a heading. Holds alt rock solid. Will do 2 minute turns s&l. I inspected the plug connection last time and sprayed electrical cleaner and then sprayed another fuild that is supposed to improve contact. The plug goes on with some resistance.
I've tried everything I know to do.

Back