What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Removing the tail wheel spring from the mount.

rsr3

Well Known Member
Hi everyone

I?m at the stage where I need to mount the tail wheel mounting bracket between the F-711 and F-712 bulkhead. Every picture I see online has people mounting this bracket without the tail wheel spring installed. I?m concerned that if I remove it, it will be a real pain to get back into location with the hole orientated correctly.

If I remove it temporarily, does the spring need to be back in place before I river the mount in or can it be inserted once the mount and bulkheads are riveted together? Also? Any tips on the best way to remove and reinstall the spring?

Cheers.

Rob

An access hole for the nut is provided in the bottom skin. That combined with the side inspection panels will give you access later.

Ok, thanks - I must be doing something wrong. The spring obviously must remove rearwards and be reinstalled by pushing it forwards through the rear hole of the WD-409 because the web of the F-711 bulkhead would block the spring coming out in the other direction. I've got the spring loose in the WD-409, but when I pull it rearwards the bit of the spring that the retaining bolt goes through doesn't not want to come out of the rear hole of the WD-409.

Any ideas?! Thanks!

Back