What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Don't Make This Mistake, Exit door cable

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
For those with -14's and 390EXP119 engines, we have an exit door and a cable to control it.

Plans on OP62-26 are misleading and could/will lead you astray. Ask me how I know.

Just called Van's to get a new cable after cutting mine to 19" as the plans appear to indicate. But, in fact, the plans mean to cut 19" off the END of the cable not from the end of the housing as it indicates.

A new cable is coming.

Exit Door Cable Trim Mistake.jpg

One other thing. There is a 1/8" ball bearing in the housing which allows the cable to move when the button is pressed. When you pull the cable back the 6" it indicates, the ball will fall out and end up with all the other missing bits you have dropped on the floor of your shop. Ask me how I know. I found it this time, though.

Last edited:
Shoot for not posting this for others to know.
I did the exact same mistake. Hopefully your post prevents someone else to read it like you and I have.

I have learned that for these cables, connects all the routing points and cut the cable based on the actual deployment length of your setup. I ruined my first cable too. Chalk it up for learning mistake and unclear instructions.

sounds like stuff for the 14 Wiki..

For those with -14's and 390EXP119 engines, we have an exit door and a cable to control it.

Plans on OP62-26 are misleading and could/will lead you astray. Ask me how I know.

Just called Van's to get a new cable after cutting mine to 19" as the plans appear to indicate. But, in fact, the plans mean to cut 19" off the END of the cable not from the end of the housing as it indicates.

A new cable is coming.

View attachment 33241

One other thing. There is a 1/8" ball bearing in the housing which allows the cable to move when the button is pressed. When you pull the cable back the 6" it indicates, the ball will fall out and end up with all the other missing bits you have dropped on the floor of your shop. Ask me how I know. I found it this time, though.

Back