What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your inflight self-portrait!

It's not an RV-8 yet, but it will be!

Just a couple of hero shots...looking forward to having one with the -8!

v6j63b.jpg

Flying a Bellanca Scout

24476m9.jpg

Cruising along in the CF-18 - I was one lucky passenger .

51v9mc.jpg

Flying the T-6 Harvard (Texan) for the Canadian Harvard Association

RV-8 to come!!

George (Big Jorge) Barth

George, with steely eyes behind the shades, turning crosswind following departure from Sebring, FL (KSEF). This in his beautiful RV-9A. Unfortunately, we're not able to make the Wednesday breakfast get togethers there. (Sorry Turbo) However we did enjoy breakfast with Sam James of Holy Cowl fame. Talk about learning a lot in 30 minutes.....

DSCN0283.jpg

Not my favorite pic but it will do for now!!

Can't believe I am posting a pic of me in my airplane @ 8000ft/166KTAS that I built in my basement!!!

Dude, those cheap shades are crooked...must have been from all those power on stalls a few moments before :eek:

nyv7dl.jpg

In my office over Greece during that terrible fire season a couple of years ago.
Wangarata031.jpg

Heading back to Andravida in company with another one of our machines.
Wangarata040.jpg

In cockpit picture of me in an RV-8 to follow very soon :D

Heading home from Iraq last year.

King-Air 200 on the way from Iraq to Germany.
We dropped it off for repairs before coming home.
Taken April 1, 2009. RV picture is still years away.

Flying%20Home%20from%20Iraq.jpg

Joining overhead my home airport of Stellenbosch near Cape Town. Aircraft is a RV7A, callsign ZU-VAF.
11to6sh.jpg
A 10mm fisheye makes the world go round.:D

Richard Boone's recently completed RV-8. I got to do the honors of flying her to her first Airventure.

Somewhere over southwestern Missouri on the way to Osh 2010, taken by a friend from an RV4:
img3325q.jpg

img3326.jpg

Last edited:
An inadvertant self-portrait

Throttled back to 151 KT TAS. Sans the headwind, 25.2 SM/gal.

FP16102010A00049.jpg

Last edited:
Ed,

Looking at the canopy latch handle, it's easy to believe 3800 hours on your RV. That thing has been used!!!!!

what is wrong with this pic? cruizing at 13.5 coming home from california trip. see ya paul.
this is one goofy picture!!!!!!!!!
img5712u.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys, sorry it's not in an RV, I'm still shopping to become one of the family.

But it sure was a fun after-work trip with my daughter for a little ID backcountry fly^2 fishing fun :)

f6.jpg

BTW the whole story can be found here if you're interested.

Hey Gang,

Thought I would add a cockpit shot. Its not a RV yet, but soon I will have the RV grin to add as a self portrait. I have plenty of other cockpit shots in old warbirds but don't want to show off. :D

t2flight6cut.jpg

Somewhere north of Tampa

Grin.jpg

Taken in my RV-9A, burning fuel - flying for the sake of flying with no particular mission in mind.

Last edited:
Hey Gang,

Thought I would add a cockpit shot. Its not a RV yet, but soon I will have the RV grin to add as a self portrait. I have plenty of other cockpit shots in old warbirds but don't want to show off. :D

Okay, I'm jealous. How'd you bag a ride in a T-2?? I wanna go, I've got gas money!

Family Trip to River Ranch

http://api.ning.com/files/QcNqWfjsdMf6yztUucFeksO*fxHe2-0qlGh0J5cC31BlocNxPNMnyD24tG2fg*UOna3S6Rtqe387Da0gaScSrfnXAMiUXV10/DSC01625.JPG[/IMG]

DSC01622.JPG

We took or 2 year old daughter for her first $100 breakfast in the RV6 this morning. Just south of Lake Kissimmee we found River Ranch, a Westgate Property. On the weekends they have a buffet that is really nice but get their before 2:00 or you will be eating pizza at the country store. Fly in to their private runway, rent a golf cart for $5 and explore the property. When we finished with breakfast we took Delaney to the petting zoo. She loves the goats and talked about them all day long. They also offer pony rides and full size horse trail rides for the those that want to walk funny for a couple of days. If you are into shotgun sports they have a trap and skeet range on property. Designator for the airport is 2RR. Fun day trip for the whole family!

Back