What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Defying superstition

flyinga

Well Known Member
Today, friday the 13th, N169MJ took to the air for the first time! Stan Kremp flew his RV-7A as chase with my wife along as photographer. No big issues: slight canopy skirt "buz" above 120 KIAS and AP fuel injectioin seems to be a little on the rich side at idle. What a hoot!

Congratulations Jim! No worries on the date - we have the number "13" painted on the side of our RV-3....of course, we didn't fly it TODAY!!! ;)

Today, friday the 13th, N169MJ took to the air for the first time! Stan Kremp flew his RV-7A as chase with my wife along as photographer. No big issues: slight canopy skirt "buz" above 120 KIAS and AP fuel injectioin seems to be a little on the rich side at idle. What a hoot!

Jim congratulations from other "unlucky" set of numbers :D Well done!

I did my first .9 of tail wheel time last week in a 20 knot xwind.

We flew yesterday for 1.5 with much more favorable conditions. I waited until we got back in the FBO to say that we had just flown a tail dragger on Friday the 13th.

Cool..

The AFPs always seem to be rich at idle..Your supposed to ajust it but I never did..i just play the red knob likes it a trombone..:)

Frank

Defying Superstition

Finally, after a week of zero-zero, a good flying day. But. seriously, it's only a really bad day if you're a Knight Templar...

Back