- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM

Default Trutrak servo defect.

At annual inspection I found the pitch servo shaft had excessive play . This is both in/out [about 1/8] and twist. I checked another plane and it was not so. I disassembled the unit and found the oilite bearing ,[which supports the shaft coming out the unit] in the housing had worn itself loose and had enlarged the casing hole as well . It was moving freely in/ out.
I called Trutrak and was told not too worry as it couldnt go anywhere. Two other RV drivers felt they would address it if it was their plane. Maybe not a safety issue but definitely not what I want.
I bought a piece of oilite [$100] and am turning out a enlarged bush which will be repress fitted.
Have any of you had the same issue.?
100 hours on servo.

Last edited by rv72004 : 06-23-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: omission
Old 06-23-2009, 03:50 PM

Default tru track servo

Didn't they offer to replace that servo under warranty??

Curious

Regards,
Chris
Sold to nice folks in Texas and badly missed.
RV9 in progress
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Servo shaft loose

I had the same problem with my servo in the wing during my annual. Sent it to Trutrak...returned in 2 weeks at no charged. Awesome people. I am not the first owner and the plane has 300 plus hours.

I know I will always do business we these guys.

Van's RV-7A
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Trutrak Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv72004 View Post
At annual inspection I found the pitch servo shaft had excessive play . This is both in/out [about 1/8] and twist. I checked another plane and it was not so. I disassembled the unit and found the oilite bearing ,[which supports the shaft coming out the unit] in the housing had worn itself loose and had enlarged the casing hole as well . It was moving freely in/ out.
I called Trutrak and was told not too worry as it couldnt go anywhere. Two other RV drivers felt they would address it if it was their plane. Maybe not a safety issue but definitely not what I want.
I bought a piece of oilite [$100] and am turning out a enlarged bush which will be repress fitted.
Have any of you had the same issue.?
100 hours on servo.
Call Trutrak and ask for Lucas. Request an RMA number for the servo. I'm not sure who answer your original call, but Lucas if the one to talk to. Send me a PM if they still give you a problem.

ALex D
Old 06-24-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
Call Trutrak and ask for Lucas. Request an RMA number for the servo. I'm not sure who answer your original call, but Lucas if the one to talk to. Send me a PM if they still give you a problem.

ALex D
Thanks for sticking up for me Alex! It was me. I did offer to give him an RMA to send it in for repair, but it is not a critical repair. If you would like, just send me a PM with your full address, email, telephone number and I'll send you an RMA# for the return. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 AM

Thanks guys,
I turned out a new bush from oilite and press fitted it to the enlarged hole. Seems pretty solid now. If it doesnt work for whatever reason will let you know.
BTW I wasnt concerned with TT fixing it or not , just posted to ask and make aware others of a potential issue which can occur to the servo.