-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:37 PM

That seems a little extreme- especially since I flew with two students this morning.
Fuselage in process
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...t=all&listcat=
Old 07-13-2020, 07:50 PM
unfluencer

Default Rules now....

....please don't spin off into viruses and governments and conspiracies. Nice and civil and per the rules please. Some replies deleted by me.

Carry on.

dr
  • Part time: Supporting Crew Member CAE EMB-505 Level D Sim @ KDFW.

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 07-13-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:08 PM

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
That seems a little extreme- especially since I flew with two students this morning.
I agree and have been instructing as well...

RV-10
Phase I as of 12-02-2020

Dues+ Paid 2020,...Thanks DR+
Old 07-14-2020, 10:55 AM

So my reply a couple of posts up was to a post that has been deleted. Just to circle back to this; Seems to me that you are indeed taking a risk by getting into an airplane with someone right now.

Only you can determine if that risk is acceptable or not. My personal feeling is that it's manageable and probably not any worse that going to the grocery store or being in a car with someone else. Yes, you're cooped up in close quarters with one person, but at the store, you're exposed to hundreds if not thousands of "other people germs" from whatever people have handled, etc. When I'm in the car with my family, I'm also exposed to them and they all have lives that take them into contact with other people, so I don't see giving or receiving instruction as much different.

In my own case, the procedure is to wear masks & wipe down the cockpit with an instrument panel safe alcohol mixture before/after every flight. Everybody at the facility has to answer a questionnaire before accessing the building re; whether they've been exposed, travelled in the last 14 days etc. If the answer is yes, they are out for two weeks.

I believe that these measures are about as good as we can do while continuing to live our lives. I'm continuing to fly & will do so as long as my employer and the government guidance directs us that its ok to do so.
Fuselage in process
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...t=all&listcat=
Old 07-14-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
So my reply a couple of posts up was to a post that has been deleted. Just to circle back to this; Seems to me that you are indeed taking a risk by getting into an airplane with someone right now.

Only you can determine if that risk is acceptable or not. ...
There is also a geographic differences to consider when evaluating the risk. for instance my county has only seventy-some confirmed cases for the whole pandemic, and that was only single digits or low teens when I got my FR done a couple months ago. So I felt comfortable doing it, and neither of us wore masks although we both offered to each-other.

Now if I lived in Miami right now I probably wouldn't be comfortable with that same risk.

Bottom line is if you feel comfortable and can find an instructor that feels comfortable go ahead and do the FR, if you're not comfortable that is your choice as well.

My understanding is we do qualify for the 3 month grace period, but if I was going to rely on that I would be contacting my insurance carrier and/or broker to verify I was covered.
FLYING!!! as of 7/22/10
Build Log
Old 07-14-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odens_14 View Post

My understanding is we do qualify for the 3 month grace period, but if I was going to rely on that I would be contacting my insurance carrier and/or broker to verify I was covered.
I wish someone (FAA? AOPA? EAA?) would summarize the document in post 2, in plain English. My reading of it is that, as a cfi, I qualify for a 3 month extension, but only for instructional flying-not for personal flying. This of course makes no sense, but it wouldn’t be the first faa pronouncement that makes no sense.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
finding one is not the issue; it's getting in the (very small) plane with one.
I should have been clearer. Finding one to fly in an RV8 wasn't an issue.
RV8 - The Project #83313 - Under Construction