Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2016, 06:53 PM

Congrats to all the RV boys.
Sorry I missed it but camping was out of the question with the weather front coming through.

Maybe next time.
Gary Palinkas - Gman.... VAF #161
Venice, Fl
RV-6 "Sassy" Flying 400 hrs since Oct 2011
Lycoming 0-360 A1A, FP Sensenich Prop
SARL #19 .... Van's Calendar March 2015
Although exempt several ways, =VAF= Dues paid to support this awesome site/family
Old 03-22-2016, 08:52 PM

Thumbs up A team effort

Thanks for the congratulations, but many have helped to develop the competitive edge. Two weeks before the Snowbird contest, Ron and others gathered in Vidalia, GA on a weekend for an aerobatic workshop with coaching from Eric Sandifer (Advanced 1st place in the Northeast 2015) and Tony Zorn (Advanced). This is where you refine the maneuvers and improve your scores. Eric also helped me design my free style and signed off on it as a judge. At a contest, it really doesn't matter what you fly. It just a big happy family whether it's a MX, Extra, Edge, Pitts, Decathlon, YAK, or our nimble little RVs. It is also very addictive too. Hope to see more RVs at other contests.
Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider
lower AL
Old 03-24-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f14av8r View Post

Take your RV flying to the next level! Help us break the RV contest record set at Snowbird. We need at least SIX at the next contest! Don't let aircraft or equipment factors hold you back. I showed up without a parachute and with a carbureted engine. No problem. I borrowed a parachute (thanks Bill) and was the only contestant competing simultaneously in both the powered and glider categories! Seriously, you DO NOT need to do anything special to your airplane to give an IAC contest a try.

Hope to see you at the next contest!
Randy
You don't have to wait that long.... Sebring is coming up May 5-7

I have a spare back parachute people can use if they give me some notice to bring it. And someone can borrow my seat pack when I am not using it (If I can compete by then... *I* have been 'down for MX).

I still showed up to assistant judge. Like someone said it is more fun that a 100 dollar hamburger.
1986 Pitts S1S - Flying