Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2016, 11:25 AM

Default Great story

Glad I could come along for a small part of the journey!.
Dues Paid Nov. 2020
Old 01-22-2016, 11:55 AM

Guy, Congrats on the new -10. It would be tough to see my -6 go.

Seems like you already have a name for her..." TK" or "Two Kids"

Do you KAEG guys do any special RV get-togethers? I'm still stuck in ABQ and the few times I've been out to Double Eagle it's been dead. Moriarty is still RV active though.
Gary Palinkas - Gman.... VAF #161
Venice, Fl
RV-6 "Sassy" Flying 400 hrs since Oct 2011
Lycoming 0-360 A1A, FP Sensenich Prop
SARL #19 .... Van's Calendar March 2015
Although exempt several ways, =VAF= Dues paid to support this awesome site/family

Last edited by GLPalinkas : 01-22-2016 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added question
Old 01-22-2016, 12:17 PM

Default Best Breakfast Burrito?

Very nice story, and a happy ending!
What really caught my attention though was your mention of breakfast burrito's. I love breakfast burrito's. Seriously, can you recommend locations with really tasty breakfast burrito's?
Old 01-22-2016, 03:00 PM

Enjoy the -10. I am the son-in-law of the previous owner and it was a great airplane. I even remember my first flight in it. My wife and I were just dating and he let me fly, I guess that meant he liked me. I am thrilled about the -8. We will see if he lets me fly this time.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:21 PM

I think you know how much your YouTube construction video featuring Jane Plane meant to me. In addition to helping keep my fires stoked all those years before I finally started building, you turned me onto Nickel Creek! I left comments, and you responded, which was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing this information... I hope the -10 serves you as faithfully, and I'll keep an eye on both at future OSH gatherings. BTW, what years did you attend OSH in Jane Plane? I wonder if I saw it without knowing... even though it was on my look-for list.
RV-8 #83507 - empennage at hangar; currently working on finishing canopy & wing tips.
N657AR reserved
Builder websites:
http://goatflieg.blogspot.com/
http://www.mykitlog.com/goatflieg/
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/goatflieg
Dues paid for 2021... extra payment included for psychological therapeutic services rendered.

Have you ever gotten the feeling you were smarter than you could ever prove?
Old 01-22-2016, 07:13 PM

Great story Guy! I'm very glad that you found the right next plane.

I must admit that I'm also pondering an RV-10. We've really enjoyed our RV-8, but there have been many occasions when we've wished for more seats to take friends or family along with us. I may start an RV-10 project this year.
http://www.kilohotel.com/rv8/
Old 01-22-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrichey View Post
What really caught my attention though was your mention of breakfast burrito's. I love breakfast burrito's. Seriously, can you recommend locations with really tasty breakfast burrito's?
Primo's in Tehachapi. Local pilots meet there every Sunday morning around 8:30. Only a few blocks from the airport. I had their bacon breakfast burrito EVERY time. I don't know if the guys are jerking my string or not, but I'm told they named that burrito after me after I moved away...

Construction Log
Empennage Album, Wings Album, Fuselage Album

1955 Cessna 170B flying since 1982

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' -Unk.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:53 PM

If anyone else has a -10 burning a hole in their pocket and wants a nice -7....
Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrichey View Post
KAEG- my local digs. Upstairs above Bode Aero. Closed Wednesday- Thursday or if the cook is in a bad mood. The cook, Curtis was head chef at a resort for years.

The burritos at KSAF are good, right in the terminal. They're remodeling until late spring.

WOW diner just off KGNT. 50's style diner. I prefer their raspberry chipotle French toast.

The best breakfast burritos are just west of E98. Park near the pumps. Walk the culvert across the irrigation ditch. Cross the road. Worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatflieg View Post
I think you know how much your YouTube construction video featuring Jane Plane meant to me. In addition to helping keep my fires stoked all those years before I finally started building, you turned me onto Nickel Creek! I left comments, and you responded, which was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing this information... I hope the -10 serves you as faithfully, and I'll keep an eye on both at future OSH gatherings. BTW, what years did you attend OSH in Jane Plane? I wonder if I saw it without knowing... even though it was on my look-for list.
You should make it to Telluride Bluegrass festival. We'll be there. Great music, fun airport. We were at OSH 2009-2012. Planning on it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVal View Post
Enjoy the -10. I am the son-in-law of the previous owner and it was a great airplane. I even remember my first flight in it. My wife and I were just dating and he let me fly, I guess that meant he liked me. I am thrilled about the -8. We will see if he lets me fly this time.
I'm pretty sure he likes you. Good luck with the upcoming move... You'll love flying Jane.
Two Kids: Built, Enjoying
RV-10, Bought, Rebuilt, Enjoying
Build / First Flight Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f9HXzZT1dE

Arguing on the internet is like having a competition to see who can hit a brick wall the hardest. You may win, but you're still an idiot.