What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some guys just know what they are doing!

N40ES

Well Known Member
I would get "Pins & Needles" in my feet when placed on the floor of the fuse while flying. I called Vettermans Exhaust and texted pictures to Clint. He sent some 45-degree exhaust tips to me and they easily fixed the sleepy feet problems. But now all other vibrations were a lot more noticeable. Reached out to the VAF Brain Trust and it was mentioned to "Clock your Prop" also call Dave Farmer to balance your Prop! (AKA: Dave12) Dave came down next day with his DynaVibe GX3. First run-up results .33 out of balance, after adjustments & small weight, second run-up .03 and on the third run-up result .01 The results and difference were immediately noticeable! Even the shut down was smooth, I had become used to that last Prop rotation wobble as RPM's bled off. NOT ANY MORE! Smooth! The flight after was so relaxing I didn't want to land. I am now a true believer; get you prop balanced. Thank You Dave Farmer of Elkton Maryland. :cool:

Back