What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuselage kit add ons

Mikeandmaz

Hi,

I’m know it’s been asked before but I can’t find what I want so could anybody give me a list of the things they added on to the -7 fuselage kit when ordering from Vans. I appreciate it’s open to many variables but help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

Fuse kit

Hi,

I’m know it’s been asked before but I can’t find what I want so could anybody give me a list of the things they added on to the -7 fuselage kit when ordering from Vans. I appreciate it’s open to many variables but help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike

It looks like you already have QB wings. Typically builders add two longerons to the wing kit order since they ship in the spar crate. Good time to consider brakes, tires, wheels.

It looks like you already have QB wings. Typically builders add two longerons to the wing kit order since they ship in the spar crate. Good time to consider brakes, tires, wheels.

I did have all the above but have had to sell it. So I’m now starting afresh with the RV7. Hence would like to know what guys add or subtract from the standard fuselage kit.

Mike

Fuel Lines

I'd recommend ordering some additional soft 3/8" alum tubing used for fuel lines. The learning curve is pretty steep when bending fuel lines.

Also, if you're going to use an Andair fuel valve vice the Vans supplied one, you can delete the stock one that comes in the fuselage kit and order the Andair.

Can you tell I'm working on fuel lines?

Find a few standard sheet sizes in the "list" in 032, 025 and have them throw them in the box. I always get an extra panel blank, some angle stock of various sizes, and a some hinge stock.

The stuff that is a pain ($) to ship.

Fuselage kit deletions

I did have all the above but have had to sell it. So I’m now starting afresh with the RV7. Hence would like to know what guys add or subtract from the standard fuselage kit.

Mike

I found my e-mail to Barbara from way back when.
DELETE/ADD
1. delete Matco cyls
2. Delete VA-118-1 brake hoses
3. Delete Van´s fuel valve (Bag 487)
4. Add five point harness crotch strap anchor

I also deleted tires tubes and wheels
I used Beringer tires, wheels, brakes & Andair fuel valve.

Hi,

Cheers,

Mike

I would add the steps to the 7 (Horrors, I know). Can be added later but much easier during the build.

I installed one after the fact to the passenger side of mine. My vertically challenged wife and 90+ father appreciate it very much. Shortened it by 3" so it was about centered between the ground and flap. Haven't installed the pilot side yet but will when the 17" step up/down gets to be too much.

Back