What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is this?

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I confess....I am a repeat offender but haven't set up a photo account yet.

I bought a partially built 8 and while sorting through the goodies and extras that were included, I ran across this red anodized square thing consisting of 2 parts that I would call trays. About 10" X 10" and 3" tall.

One tray fits in the other.
The smaller tray has a square hole in the bottom about 4"X4" with a flange turned to the inside of the tray.
The larger one has no bottom and a flange that is on the outside (3 sides) and 2 rectangular cutouts on one side but no flange.

Sorry no pics but what in the world is this?

It is a framerjammer bracket.
As close as I could get without a picture.
Use the paperclip on the header. Select picture, upload and it is done.
Art

B7578937-54E7-46A5-AC86-C30E44EEA9EA.jpg

I thought it could used to spread the ashes of the peanut gallery.

Welcome Back, Webb

It's been a while!

My reply from the sarcastic section of the site:

I thought it was a left handed smoke pusher. Looking at
the flanges makes me think it's actually right handed.​

I look forward to hearing about your 8!

Mike

Thanks Mike. Bought a project that is about half finished.

Lots a beginner mistakes on the tail and plenty of uglies to fix. Work on wings is good. Fuselage will need all new side skins. Two previous owners. 1st did empanage and fuselage. Second did wings.

Got lots of goodies like Grove landing gear. And lucky that the canopy, cowl and most of the fuselage guts not touched.

However this red box has got me stumped. I still think it might be for spreading ashes of wise rump RVaviators.

I seriously wonder what it is.

Might just be some random stuff they put in the box of good stuff just to make a fellow scratch his head and wonder what the #&¥££~ this is for :confused:

I too am working on an -8 project, and I've had my share of head scratching mysteries. I'd set aside a portion of your shelving and begin an area where the "mysteries" from the previous builders reside. I've actually found that most of them come into focus when the time comes, and you'll suddenly remember the odd red boxes and then it will make sense.

Until then, I have zero idea what they are!

Thanks Mike. Bought a project that is about half finished.

Lots a beginner mistakes on the tail and plenty of uglies to fix. Work on wings is good. Fuselage will need all new side skins. Two previous owners. 1st did empanage and fuselage. Second did wings.

Got lots of goodies like Grove landing gear. And lucky that the canopy, cowl and most of the fuselage guts not touched.

However this red box has got me stumped. I still think it might be for spreading ashes of wise rump RVaviators.

I seriously wonder what it is.

Nice! Still, no idea about the part....

Mike

My money is on "nothing related to the plane at all, but something that accidentally got thrown in a box of parts and sold along with it".

Back