What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rivet callout question Flap actuator/seat brace

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey guys. The instructions get pretty sparse on the flap actuator assembly.

I've got it all figured out except the three -4 rivets that are common to the F-766A Flap Actuator channel and the F-767 angle. I'm on print 33 and cant find a rivet callout for these anywhere.

Are most people using AN470's here or AN426's? I'm guessing they're AN470's but it bothers me that I cant find a callout.

Screenshot attached to show what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.48.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.48.09 PM.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 111
I dont remember exactly which rivets these are but on my tip up RV7 I had to remove the AN470's and install AN426's because the cross tube that locks the canopy was rubbing on the heads of the rivets in that area

Thanks- I'm doing a slider so I doubt that it matters, but it bugs me that I straight up can't find a callout on the print. Gonna make me feel stupid if I discover that it was right in front of my face.

Cockpit

In the cockpit, I always used flush rivets where I could for no other reason than to make cleaning easier.

Rivet spec

On DWG 33 it calls out AN470AD4-5 rivets to attach the F-748-L&R brackets to the base of the F-766 flap channel. I assumed that as the F-767 was a similar thickness to the F-748's I installed three AN470AD4-5 rivets in that top location on the flap channel.

These rivets do not need to be flush as no other parts are installed on top of the flap channel.

Regards,

Back