Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2021, 08:54 AM

I too would be interested in an update. I just put my order in for the empennage, so I'm a long way from wingtips. I saw the winglets at AirVenture, they looked great. I didn't know about them before seeing them at the show. I talked with Damian, and they were taking orders, and he did not indicate there was any issues or concern with fitment on the 14. It would be great if others that have successfully used the winglets on the 14 could add their input.

The question I did not think of asking Damian was about the design of the winglet. What testing was done, and the results. He did say there is a 1 mile increase in stall speed. How was that determined, and what are the verified benefits?
Old 08-12-2021, 03:31 PM

Just a heads up for readers the New method for rigging the aileron does NOT use the Jig. See image from 23-10 Rev 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrell View Post
Good question. I don't know. I do know when Rodney was researching this and talked to Van's support they said the end of the wing and the ailerons are exactly the same on the 10 and the 14, but the flaps were a different size. Perhaps that's why the ailerons have to be adjusted differently. However, as you can see from the picture that I posted previously (copy below) at least on Rodney's 10 the 14 alignment bracket lines up perfectly.

The plane and bracket are in Arizona, however I just looked and you can order one from Van's for $11.80! Click here. According to Van's support the W-00026 alignment bracket shown in the photo above is the newer bracket, and you can tell because it has a singular hole positioned between the large hole and the trailing edge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Refex Aileron.png
Views:	71
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	14619  

RV14A Tail kit 95%
Wing kit 95%
Fuselage QB stuck in China virus corrosion purgatory

RV 14 WIKI in Drop Box

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu5p6f4l7...bU0ck0pJa?dl=0

please purchase the thumb drive Vans offers. I DO NOT want to take away from sales flow or get the WIKI Killed.

---For Edit Access drop me a PM with your Email address.

EAA 1300
Donation Paid 18,19,20,21 Military exempt
Old 08-25-2021, 02:18 PM

Default Modifications of Vans wire harness to work w Ziptips

Hi, wondering how you connected your Ziptips to Vans' lighting wire harness?